Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-12-2020, 02:37 PM   #1
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
It’s not a matter of cautious people. Everyone has to do what’s comfortable for them that’s what I’m saying. If you’re not comfortable going to a restaurant don’t go if you’re not comfortable going to the grocery store don’t go if you’re not comfortable going to target don’t go but if you are comfortable going to these places and being vigilant by all means go support the economy support the local businesses. Again it’s your choice it should not be everyone’s choice everybody should be able to make their own choice

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
You didn’t answer my question. Why not tell people who aren’t vigilant to stay home?

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 12-12-2020, 02:50 PM   #2
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default Local Moultonboro Restaurant Closes - Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
You didn’t answer my question. Why not tell people who aren’t vigilant to stay home?

I don’t belief in telling people what to do. If they break the law or a guideline it’s on them. If they want to take a risk and not wear a mask that again is on them. If I wear mine I should be good.

Should I also run around taking cigarettes out of people’s mouth’s or taking candy bars out of peoples mouths that I think might have diabetes

Old 12-12-2020, 03:08 PM   #3
gillygirl

Quote:
I don’t belief in telling people what to do. If they break the law or a guideline it’s on them. If they want to take a risk and not wear a mask that again is on them. If I wear mine I should be good.

Should I also run around taking cigarettes out of people’s mouth’s or taking candy bars out of peoples mouths that I think might have diabetes

But you’ve consistently told people who aren’t comfortable to stay at home, so really you are okay with telling people what to do.

Old 12-12-2020, 03:39 PM   #4
joey2665

Quote:
But you’ve consistently told people who aren’t comfortable to stay at home, so really you are okay with telling people what to do.

No that’s not what I said. If said over and over it’s your choice. But I’m not understanding your statement. I don’t think people will go out if they aren’t comfortable. But if they want to against it’s their decision to make no one else’s.

Old 12-12-2020, 04:37 PM   #5
gillygirl

Quote:
No that’s not what I said. If said over and over it’s your choice. But I’m not understanding your statement. I don’t think people will go out if they aren’t comfortable. But if they want to against it’s their decision to make no one else’s.

Check your post #33 in the ice hockey thread. You definitely said it there and variations of that in 3 other posts between this thread and that one. You’re very dismissive of people who are on the side of more, not less, caution. And intransigent with regards to even seeing the other side. The facts are in for less caution...it leads to more cases.

Old 12-12-2020, 04:47 PM   #6
joey2665

Quote:
Check your post #33 in the ice hockey thread. You definitely said it there and variations of that in 3 other posts between this thread and that one. You’re very dismissive of people who are on the side of more, not less, caution. And intransigent with regards to even seeing the other side. The facts are in for less caution...it leads to more cases.

No I am not. I am so over this. My point has always been do what’s good for you and I’ll do what’s good for me while following the rules. I will not put my life on hold it’s too short as it is and I will continue to support the local establishments.

It’s YOUR CHOICE to go out or stay quarantined. Don’t dismiss me because we have differing opinions on this, I understand your opinion I just disagree with it which is my purgative.

Old 12-12-2020, 05:40 PM   #7
gillygirl

Quote:
No I am not. I am so over this. My point has always been do what’s good for you and I’ll do what’s good for me while following the rules. I will not put my life on hold it’s too short as it is and I will continue to support the local establishments.

It’s YOUR CHOICE to go out or stay quarantined. Don’t dismiss me because we have differing opinions on this, I understand your opinion I just disagree with it which is my purgative.

You told some people to stay home, then said you wouldn’t tell people what to do. I’m not dismissing you, I’m pointing out the inconsistencies in some of your statements. That’s my prerogative.

Old 12-12-2020, 05:53 PM   #8
joey2665

Quote:
You told some people to stay home, then said you wouldn’t tell people what to do. I’m not dismissing you, I’m pointing out the inconsistencies in some of your statements. That’s my prerogative.

I said if your not comfortable stay home it’s your choice but not mine.

Read ALL my posts you are taking sentences out of context. Read the whole post and all of them. Have a great night

Old 12-12-2020, 06:43 PM   #9
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Default Ha - ha

My wife won't let me watch UFC- but that's OK, now!
Old 12-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #10
gillygirl

Quote:
I said if your not comfortable stay home it’s your choice but not mine.

Read ALL my posts you are taking sentences out of context. Read the whole post and all of them. Have a great night

I have read all your posts. And I completely agree that the economy cannot afford to be shut down again, and I don’t think the psyche of the populace can afford it either. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to go out while following guidance and mandates. What I take umbrage with is your inability to call out people who won’t follow the guidance and mandates. You tell people who are uncomfortable to stay home, but won’t tell the same to people who are irresponsible with their behavior. It’s the irresponsible ones who are propagating this situation, and pushing us toward stricter mandates. I’m in central FL, and there were roads gridlocked before Thanksgiving because of people checking into gated communities. Now the daily cases are up roughly 50%. My point in my interaction with you is to see if you will agree that some people need to take this more seriously. But you won’t. You will only tell people who are uncomfortable to stay home. You’re very one-sided. Thus why I called you intransigent.

Old 12-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #11
joey2665

Quote:
I have read all your posts. And I completely agree that the economy cannot afford to be shut down again, and I don’t think the psyche of the populace can afford it either. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to go out while following guidance and mandates. What I take umbrage with is your inability to call out people who won’t follow the guidance and mandates. You tell people who are uncomfortable to stay home, but won’t tell the same to people who are irresponsible with their behavior. It’s the irresponsible ones who are propagating this situation, and pushing us toward stricter mandates. I’m in central FL, and there were roads gridlocked before Thanksgiving because of people checking into gated communities. Now the daily cases are up roughly 50%. My point in my interaction with you is to see if you will agree that some people need to take this more seriously. But you won’t. You will only tell people who are uncomfortable to stay home. You’re very one-sided. Thus why I called you intransigent.

You are rambling. I didn’t tell people that are uncomfortable to stay home I said it’s your choice. While we are at it why would a comfortable person stay home or a person that is uncomfortable go out? You make no sense.

Old 12-12-2020, 07:14 PM   #12
gillygirl

Quote:
You are rambling. I didn’t tell people that are uncomfortable to stay home I said it’s your choice. While we are at it why would a comfortable person stay home or a person that is uncomfortable go out? You make no sense.

You actually did tell people who were uncomfortable to stay home. You are not only guilty of denial, but of projecting. But you’ve proved my point.

Old 12-12-2020, 07:19 PM   #13
joey2665

Default Local Moultonboro Restaurant Closes - Covid

Quote:
You actually did tell people who were uncomfortable to stay home. You are not only guilty of denial, but of projecting. But you’ve proved my point.

You are so obtuse. Grow up your acting like a petulant child. Use yours god given brain and read everything I’ve sad. Stay home don’t stay home I don’t care you’re comfortable you’re uncomfortable I don’t really care I’ll go about my life you go about yours I have not proved any of your points and I certainly am not in denial and I know what I said and I know what I meant when I said what I said it. Again everything is your choice. But you didn’t answer my question if you’re uncomfortable going out why would you go out?

Additionally, I’m finished listening to your ramblings if you want to comment more please be my guest you’re just gonna go around in circles.

Old 12-12-2020, 07:26 PM   #14
gillygirl

Quote:
You are so obtuse. Grow up your acting like a petulant child. Use yours god given brain and read everything I’ve sad. Stay home don’t stay home I don’t care you’re comfortable you’re uncomfortable I don’t really care I’ll go about my life you go about yours I have not proved any of your points and I certainly am not in denial and I know what I said and I know what I meant when I said what I said it. Again everything is your choice. But you didn’t answer my question if you’re uncomfortable going out why would you go out?

Additionally, I’m finished listening to your ramblings if you want to comment more please be my guest you’re just gonna go around in circles.

If this post isn’t a classic example of projecting, I don’t know what is.

Old 12-12-2020, 07:34 PM   #15
joey2665

Quote:
If this post isn’t a classic example of projecting, I don’t know what is.

Wasn’t going to reply but I don’t appreciate the insults.

Please now I’m using defense mechanisms. Good info from a dime store psychologist.

Old 12-12-2020, 07:41 PM   #16
gillygirl

Quote:
Wasn’t going to reply but I don’t appreciate the insults.

Please now I’m using defense mechanisms. Good info from a dime store psychologist.

If you want to continue, PM me. Otherwise, bye.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:06 PM   #17
joey2665

Quote:
If you want to continue, PM me. Otherwise, bye.

No thanks I will not waste my valuable breath on a useless conversation

Old 12-12-2020, 08:12 PM   #18
Sue Doe-Nym

Default And the winner is.....?

My father, who was pretty smart, used to say that the one who wins the argument is the one who stops responding.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
pondguy (12-13-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 02:52 PM   #19
ishoot308

Thanked 4,953 Times in 1,920 Posts

I don’t understand what everyone is bickering about....local state government which is following federal and CDC guidelines has said that it’s OK for restaurants to be open with certain protocols in place such as distancing tables and the use of plexiglass barriers as well as wearing mask to and from your table. No one is doing anything wrong by visiting / supporting local area restaurants.

To those who say it’s not safe or wrong...fine, stay home. Everyone else wants to lead as normal a life as possible by following the recommended guidelines set forth by our elected officials.

Case closed!

Dan
joey2665 (12-12-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 03:03 PM   #20
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I don’t understand what everyone is bickering about....local state government which is following federal and CDC guidelines has said that it’s OK for restaurants to be open with certain protocols in place such as distancing tables and the use of plexiglass barriers as well as wearing mask to and from your table. No one is doing anything wrong by visiting / supporting local area restaurants.

To those who say it’s not safe or wrong...fine, stay home. Everyone else wants to lead as normal a life as possible by following the recommended guidelines set forth by our elected officials.

Case closed!

Dan
The case would be closed IF everyone would follow the recommended guidelines. That has not been the case as some pick and choose which guidelines are acceptable to them.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Old 12-12-2020, 03:18 PM   #21
TheTimeTraveler

It's a sad fact that a whole lot of people are going to become infected between now and August of 2021. The direct result will be a lot of pain, suffering, and death because of it.

The Vaccine can't get here fast enough.....

Everyone needs to take their own prudent precautions until such time as it becomes safe again.

There are plenty of believers still out there that think this Corona Virus is some type of hoax (also there are many folks who don't believe the Holocaust was ever real). You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink....
Old 12-12-2020, 03:46 PM   #22
ishoot308

Thanked 4,953 Times in 1,920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
The case would be closed IF everyone would follow the recommended guidelines. That has not been the case as some pick and choose which guidelines are acceptable to them.
Not true...at least not as far as restaurants are concerned. They either enforce and follow guidelines or they get shutdown. It’s that simple!

It seems like some on this forum want to shame people for visiting local restaurants and supporting them. I say get a life!

Dan
joey2665 (12-12-2020)