Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 10:13 PM   #1
LoveLakeLife

Happy Easter!

Christmas and Easter won’t be going anywhere, V, we will continue enjoy them for a long time to come. Politically correct nonsense only survives and gets perpetuated when demure people don’t stand up to it and laugh at it. I suppose the converse is true, also. Atheists can choose not to recite the Pledge of Allegiance as currently drafted but they won’t likely abandon the use of cash, on which appears the national motto.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLakeLife For This Useful Post:
TCC (04-01-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 02:13 AM   #2
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLakeLife View Post
Happy Easter! Christmas and Easter won’t be going anywhere, V, we will continue enjoy them for a long time to come. Politically correct nonsense only survives and gets perpetuated when demure people don’t stand up to it and laugh at it. I suppose the converse is true, also. Atheists can choose not to recite the Pledge of Allegiance as currently drafted but they won’t likely abandon the use of cash, on which appears the national motto.
I won't argue the point with you, other than to say the continued interjection of religion into our political and economic life seems anachronistic.

I mean, c'mon...what point is there in saying "In god we trust" on our currency?
Old 04-01-2024, 05:25 AM   #3
fatlazyless

Arrow ...... happy Easter to all the U.S.A.!

Happy Easter to everyone including all the Walmart employees in Plymouth NH who were working there yesterday on Easter because this Walmart was open on Easter which was a good surprise to me.

Hey, will the Walmart be closed, too, like the Market Basket? Big surprise, yes, the Walmart is open!

The nearby Plymouth Market Basket was closed for Easter but the Plymouth Walmart was open for Easter. So, three cheers for the Plymouth Walmart ....... hut-hut-hut ...... and Happy Easter to Plymouth Walmart workers for showing up to work and making it be open!
Old 04-01-2024, 07:20 AM   #4
Major

Thanked 1,001 Times in 416 Posts

Happy Easter, everyone!

The biggest threat to achieving globalism is nationalism. The globalists are seeking to supplant our American value system with their Western European vision of utopia. American nationalism interferes with their globalists agenda. Look at the world around us, eliminating borders, eliminating religion, replacing family and community with government. The evidence is all around us.

The U.S. was created on primarily a Christian value system. We say Judea-Christian since the Christian faith is founded on Judean values and principles. (I like to say that the Jewish people are our big brothers in faith.) "In God We Trust" represents that our fate is in God's hands. I agree with Mr. V that in thirty years, if the globalists have it their way, the celebrations of select religious events, such as Easter, Christmas, Rosha Shana, Passover, etc., will have far less importance than they do now.

Anyway, other than being able to gripe about it online, there isn't much any of us can do. The will of the people has spoken.

Again, Happy Easter everyone!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (04-01-2024), TCC (04-01-2024)
Closed Thread