Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-19-2005, 02:16 PM   #1
Sculpin

Default Best Lunch Places to visit by Boat

Please help me out with this. What are some of the best lunch places to visit by boat around the lake, lets say something that is a less than 5 minute walk from the dock.

Thanks
Sculpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:33 PM   #2
trfour

Post Waldopeppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpin
Please help me out with this. What are some of the best lunch places to visit by boat around the lake, lets say something that is a less than 5 minute walk from the dock.

Thanks
Comes to mind, 603-366-2150 ... And, you will have the great chance of becoming another fan!

Love,
T.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 08:43 PM   #3
Paugus Bay Resident

Garwoods in Wolfeboro
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 08:58 PM   #4
Newbiesaukee

Canoe is close to Center Harbor and they do serve lunch. At dinner there is a shuttle which will pick you up at the dock..don't know about lunch.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:34 PM   #5
jkjoshuatree

Thumbs up Finally Tried Canoe's!

And what a meal it was. Tried the petite salad and sweet and sour calamari to start. Both were very good, although I personally like my calamari just lightly battered. My girlfriend thought it was the best she's ever had. She had the lobster mac and cheese and it was out of this world. I had the filet mignon which was execellent, as were the mash potatoes that accompanied it (and I don't even like mash potatoes!!). Service was great and I like the atmosphere as well.

Highly recommended!!!!
Old 06-21-2005, 12:50 PM   #6
PROPELLER

Default Full Belli Deli

If your in Wolfeboro & want a sandwich or sub/grinder try the Full Belli Deli on Mill Street. Its in a red building on your right after turning right onto Mill Street from Main Street just after the Wolfboro House of Pizza.
PROPELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:03 PM   #7
Gatto Nero

Town Docks in Meredith has a nice atmosphere. If you're lucky you might even get an open slip right in front.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:32 PM   #8
camp guy

Default Places to Eat Lunch near docks

Wolfeboro probably offers more places to eat which are close to the dock than other towns. Right at the Town dock you have the world-famous Hot Dog Bob and his Cart of Many offerings, Dockside Grille, Jo Greens, then on Main Street you have Garwoods Grille, the Wolfeborough Diner, Strawberry Patch, Wolfeboro Inn, on side streets you have Mise en Place, Full Beli Deli, Baby Cakes, Sweets & Treats, the Wolfe Den, 2 nearby grocery stores both of whom have deli offerings and bakeries, and 2 corner stores replete with all the usual take out offerings. I've probably missed a few, and for this I am sorry, but you get the drift - Wolfeboro has plenty of close to the water eating facilities.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:20 AM   #9
Dave R

We generally eat lunch on the boat but Dinner in Wolfeboro on a sunday afternoon is a joy. Plenty of dock space and after dinner the lake is deserted.

I wish there was a cool island restaurant like Frye's Leap Cafe on Sebago. Perhaps I just have not found the island restaurant yet. Are there any?
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:48 AM   #10
jrc

Default Jo-Jo Greens

It's in Wolfeboro, right at the public docks. We visit at least once every trip to the lake. They have great light food, perfect lunch for hot summer day. Plus you can watch your boat at the docks from the outside deck.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:12 PM   #11
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R
We generally eat lunch on the boat but Dinner in Wolfeboro on a sunday afternoon is a joy. Plenty of dock space and after dinner the lake is deserted.

I wish there was a cool island restaurant like Frye's Leap Cafe on Sebago. Perhaps I just have not found the island restaurant yet. Are there any?
I am going to one Saturday night on Cow Island but It's probably not the type you are refering to.It's one seating and I believe you must rent the whole place or a minimum of 26 up to 40 people.The full coarse dinner is served 6-9 pm.Can't wait to try it.I will post next week with my review. SS
Old 06-22-2005, 02:24 PM   #12
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
I am going to one Saturday night on Cow Island but It's probably not the type you are refering to.It's one seating and I believe you must rent the whole place or a minimum of 26 up to 40 people.The full coarse dinner is served 6-9 pm.Can't wait to try it.I will post next week with my review. SS
WOW, you must be really hungry!
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:25 PM   #13
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs up If in Alton

...try Shibleys. They're right by the town docks. Indeed they have their own dock adjacent to the town docks but with only enough space for 2 boats. Very good lunches and you can sit outside on the deck and watch the lake.

I'll also second Garwoods in Wolfeboro and will have to try 51 Mill St. Last year I recall hearing very good things about the (newly remade) place right at the Wolfeboro town docks, where the Mount boards. I can't recall the name now ...

Added: I recalled mcdude had posted the following in a prior thread re: Wolfeboro eateries. The above unnamed restaurant is the Wolfeboro Dockside Grille and Dairy Bar.

http://www.boston.com/news/necn/Show...ckside_grille/

Last edited by Mee-n-Mac; 06-22-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Mee-n-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:43 PM   #14
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R
WOW, you must be really hungry!
HA HA You are a funny gut Dave!! SS
Old 07-26-2005, 03:10 PM   #15
enhancednh

Thumbs up Lunch at LAGO

I was SO disappointed when LAGO stopped serving lunch last year... Well, they are BACK! The big difference is that they serve on the patio now, (Mon-Sat, 12-3:30)overlooking their own dock, and the beauty of the gardens and the view of the bay really add to the experience. The atmosphere is relaxed but elegant, with big umbrellas for shade, and a great lunch menu. Prices are totally reasonable, waitstaff is friendly and attentive, and the antipasti is generous. My husband loved the Mondo burger. Drinks are prepared outside at the little beach bar. What a great spot!

Kim
enhancednh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:48 PM   #16
phoenix

is there any place in moultonboro bay
Old 07-27-2005, 04:53 AM   #17
Lakegeezer

Default Sam and Rosie's

Sam and Rosie's, in Center Harbor, is a nice and inexpensive place to have breakfast or lunch. Its not elegant, and the menu is soup / sandwich / salad style, but they also have tempting bakery goodies. Find it just across the street from the docks.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:21 PM   #18
Cookie

Default Sam and Rosies

Just to comment you will never make the boat ride home after eating here! Service is so slow and very unfriendly! Also food is very well I am lost for words,Do not dock if thats your destination keep going!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote