Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #1
The Big Kahuna

Default Island Steak House

Have you hear about the new floating restrurant on the lake called Island Steak House. It departs from Wolfboro and Center Harbor. It offers some of the best food you will ever eat. It is mounted on a 130 ft barge, I was talking with someone who was working on the decorations last week. I guest it will be by advanced resurvation only since they only have seating for 50. The first 27 trips are already booked and that will take them right up to end of season for them. The place is heated and has a fake fireplace in the middle. This is according to what I have heard, has anyone heard about this as well. I understand the owner is opening a Ice Hotel on the Lake again this year as he did last year. The place was great, not many people knew about it.
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:08 PM   #2
ITD

The Ice Hotel was actually 3 stories, the owner used heavy ice, the kind that sinks so that most of the structure underwater. I heard that ice out was delayed a few days this spring while the hotel melted. I stayed there the service was great.

I tried to get on the first sailing of the Island Steak House, unfortunately I had forgotten to check the e-mail that tells about these things. My family and I are scheduled on this season's second to last sailing. Friends tell me the food is superb, I can't wait.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:31 PM   #3
Mee-n-Mac

Wink Another "Dead End"

Hmmm .... sure sounds like this is another creation of "Eddie" and "Mr C".

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...read.php?t=979

Has the rain induced cabin fever this early ? Don't we usually wait for the winter doldrums for this ?
Old 10-13-2005, 08:30 AM   #4
KonaChick

We ate at the Ice Hotel restaurant last winter..but will NOT be back this year..the buns were cold.
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:22 AM   #5
Phantom

Can someone post contact information for this !! Sounds superb -- early reservations don't scare us, we've done that before for the Cupolla at the Coe -- everyone has to do it at least once
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2005, 10:38 AM   #6
ITD

Ah, the cupola at the Coe, we ate there once on a late July night and big thunderstorm came, was the most amazing thing I have ever seen.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:16 PM   #7
Phantom

Default Contact Info ?

Big Kahuna -- is there a webpage or any other sort of contact info that you could post in order to find this floating restuarant?
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote