Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old Today, 07:49 AM   #1
Garcia

Default Marine Patrol

A quick thank you to the marine patrol for their professionalism and understanding. In the hustle and bustle of making a mad dash to the lake I didn't have my stickers and got stopped (sadly, the same thing happened another year). The two officers were kind, efficient, professional, and understanding as they sent me on my way.

Stickers are in the car lest they be forgotten again!

Last edited by Garcia; Today at 08:31 AM.
Garcia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:12 AM   #2
WinnisquamZ

Hahaha. Also seen here on Winnisquam. Earlier then past years. Much earlier. $$ chasing

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:33 AM   #3
John Mercier

I would think it would just be easier to ask for an LSR to increase the registration fee if money was the issue.
You have to write a lot of tickets to make up for just a $1 increase on registrations.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:38 AM   #4
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
Hahaha. Also seen here on Winnisquam. Earlier then past years. Much earlier. $$ chasing

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Not in my case. I was clearly in the wrong and appreciate the way it was handled.
Garcia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:57 AM   #5
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
A quick thank you to the marine patrol for their professionalism and understanding. In the hustle and bustle of making a mad dash to the lake I didn't have my stickers and got stopped (sadly, the same thing happened another year). The two officers were kind, efficient, professional, and understanding as they sent me on my way.

Stickers are in the car lest they be forgotten again!
I have found the Marine Patrol to be a fairly understanding group over the years as well.... and I have interacted with them on many levels... I had great discussions years ago with some of them about speed limits and enforcement, I have needed them for assistance, I have called them irate at other boaters, and have even assisted them in some interesting circumstances.....

While assisting them last year, when I found a small boat washed up on a rocky bit of shoreline..... they never asked me to do anymore then I was comfortable with, but we also discussed the fact that they didn't have anyone on duty that could get out there quickly to look around for someone that may have been hurt, or in distress.... at the end both the officer and I agreed that sometimes it takes a village, and that we would both sleep a bit better after having looked around where I found the boat and some of its contents on the shoreline....

The MP officer get to be on the water which at some level is a joy.... but what they have to do and deal with can be far from a joy... they do an incredible job.....

I stopped getting my decals sent to me.... Rather I drop the paperwork off at the camp when I get it... and go to the marina to register the boat, and then pick it up at the storage facility and then put it in the water!!!!!!!!! keeps me from running into the OP situation..