Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Automotive
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2019, 07:47 AM   #1
Guiness

Default Car Detailing

Any recommendations for car detailing in the Moultonborough area? My pick up truck is in need of some love.

Thanks
Guiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:18 PM   #2
Hillcountry

Must be plenty of dirty vehicles in M’borough...my truck needs some love too but I usually take a cool afternoon and detail it myself. I have been procrastinating, however.
You may have to come around to the Gilford/Laconia side if the lake to get it done.
Several places there if you google car detailing.
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:44 PM   #3
camp guy

Default Car detailing

There is a very good place in Wolfeboro behind the Dunkin' Donuts. I think the name is Wolfeboro Carwash and Executive Detail, phone (603) 941-0123, his name is Andrew.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:13 AM   #4
Seaplane Pilot

There used to be a detail guy at the car wash in Moultonborough on Rt. 25, next to where Piccolo market is.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:24 AM   #5
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

I've got a former student who's looking to start a detailing business. He currently does "advanced" washing and cleaning--he doesn't have a shampooer yet. He travels to people's homes to do the work and is very good. He's out of Nashua, but if there were enough people in one area, I think he would come up.

Would this be something Moultonborough people interested in?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2019, 06:43 AM   #6
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Must be plenty of dirty vehicles in M’borough...my truck needs some love too but I usually take a cool afternoon and detail it myself. I have been procrastinating, however.
You may have to come around to the Gilford/Laconia side if the lake to get it done.
Several places there if you google car detailing.
I think this guy is a Gtechnic certified. I was told he is very good.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:36 AM   #7
TheProfessor

Off topic a bit.

I fully realize that we do have some disabled folks that can't do the cleaning of any vehicle. Detailing is for them.
Some live in apartments that have no access to outside electricity.

For the rest. Get yourself a shop-vac. With brush and crevice tool. And vacuum once a month and keep vehicle clean so that a detailing job is not necessary. Get some 303 Protectant and wipe down any plastic/vinyl.

There are now some real good portable small cordless vacuums that do include a brush and crevice tool. The cordless ones have come a long way with the newer batteries.

OR - get you children or grand children to do the job. A good learning experience for them.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:52 PM   #8
GTO

Default Make it Shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
Any recommendations for car detailing in the Moultonborough area? My pick up truck is in need of some love.

Thanks
Make it Shine located in Moultonbourgh on 25 at the car wash (dunking doughnuts parking lot). Have had my car and SUV done there a couple of times and they did an awesome job at a very reasonable rate. Highly recommended
Old 08-19-2019, 06:59 AM   #9
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
Off topic a bit.

I fully realize that we do have some disabled folks that can't do the cleaning of any vehicle. Detailing is for them.

For the rest. Get yourself a shop-vac. With brush and crevice tool. And vacuum once a month and keep vehicle clean so that a detailing job is not necessary. Get some 303 Protectant and wipe down any plastic/vinyl.

There are now some real good portable small cordless vacuums that do include a brush and crevice tool. The cordless ones have come a long way with the newer batteries.

OR - get you children or grand children to do the job. A good learning experience for them.
Yes and no. Everyone can give their machine a quick detailing. Your investment is huge! A pro detail when you bought your vehicle will add years to the product. I do highly recommend a good sealant and just follow the recommended maintenance after. It's worth it!

Don't fall into the dealer's sealant ploy. The sealant is crap. Even though there is a 5 year warrantee, read the fine print!

Do it yourself! Mega youtube articles on detailing. Just follow a specific mfg website video and your should be good! Plan on a full weekend of work!

Testimony? I have a 2005 MB c240 wagon that looks show room! No body work has been done! No rust, even after 14 years of NH weather. The secret is in the maintenance and keeping the car thoroughly washed in the spring, topside, underneath the car and engine bay. I don't use any rustproofing or underbody sealant!
Old 08-24-2019, 11:33 AM   #10
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Yes and no. Everyone can give their machine a quick detailing. Your investment is huge! A pro detail when you bought your vehicle will add years to the product.
Everyone's skill level may be different.

My 18 year old vehicle looks new. Never been professionally detailed.

Included is some high quality paste wax. Interior just vacuumed one per month with a shop vac. 303 protectant on all plastic/vinyl.

Done.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:43 PM   #11
MooseRiverMan

Default Car detailing

Three times I have made reservations for Make it Shine to detail my daughters SUV when she comes up to visit. Three times he has not showed up at the specified time.
MooseRiverMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:27 PM   #12
8gv

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
Off topic a bit.

When my car needs detailing I just buy a new one.

Of course, cleanliness standards do vary...
8gv is online now   Reply With Quote