Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2022, 11:15 AM   #1
On the water

Default Pump out

Are there any companies that come to your boat to pump it out? I know you can pump out at most marina's. Just looking to see if a company will come right to the slip.
On the water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 06:19 PM   #2
mowtorman

Default What a stinker

Do the people that work on your boat a favor.

If one person uses the potti.... it's dirty. It's not that it's not that dirty. You know that one day someone couldn't quite make it to town? The real capacity of the porti potties is maybe 5: people...the porcelain ones with the holding tanks much more.

Everything is about being lazy and paying someone to do the dirty work. I don't know why pump outs are free on a $200,000 boat, and then people are too lazy to stop and get pumped out. Trust me you don't score brownie points when you bring the boat for storage with a summers load. Surprise surprise all it does is slow down winterization. You probably expect the potti clean and empty when you pick it up in the spring. Do yourself and the people storing your boat a favor....take the 10 minutes to pump your boat right before you drop it off.

Wouldn't it make sense to fuel up and pump out at the same time? Pumping takes longer than getting gas. Don't forget to tip. Do you thing those nicely dressed young ladies at the gas dock really want to get their hands dirty and deal with your mess?

Probably what is needed are floating restrooms that roam the lake all summer like the tiki boats.

"Oh but we never use it". Must be people sneak into the boats cuz the just HAVE to go.... CAN'T WAIT.
mowtorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:33 AM   #3
On the water

First off you have no clue why I am asking the question. You reply to my question thinking a don't pump out my boat. I pump it out every time at my yacht club and have no issue doing it myself. When I am not up at the lake and my family is staying on the boat and the tanks get full I was asking if a service was available. Thank you for your unwanted input!
On the water is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to On the water For This Useful Post:
TiltonBB (07-18-2022), TomKat (07-24-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 11:56 AM   #4
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

My marina (yacht club) will take my boat from my slip to the gas dock for servicing (fuel, water, pump out) when I am not there. They charge the regular hourly rate. This would probably be the same cost as getting a septic truck to come out for just 25-50 gallons of septage. Most septic pumping companies can do this and have long hoses for tanks that are remote from the street or driveway.
If you're looking for specific company name recommendations, I think you will have better luck posting specific, detailed, location, size of holding tank, etc.
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
XCR-700 (07-18-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 11:59 AM   #5
XCR-700

Way too much preaching and sensitivity everywhere,,,

I used to think the interweb was created to disseminate silly stuff for fun, then it became THE source for dis/mis-information. Now its the place to go to annoy others and to vent you life frustration by getting into petty arguments over NOTHING.

Too bad that so little of what you see/read is factual and/or helpful.

Thankful for the tidbits that are factual and helpful or just silly fun!

Must be someone can post a picture of a pumpout gone silly wrong and get this post some life and a potential answer to the original post ;-)
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2022, 04:19 PM   #6
pondguy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGtpv_Tpzc0
pondguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pondguy For This Useful Post:
TomKat (07-24-2022), XCR-700 (07-18-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 05:20 PM   #7
mowtorman

Default Mobile pump out

The next craze if you can get the right permits.

Everyone loves to talk about stuff that they don't know.
Take care of the people you expect to take care of you... simple. Works better for everyone. Maybe you have the cleanest boat on the lake...kudos!

Try life on the other side for a while nothing will surprise you. People dump and run in the fall more often than you know. Then they want to know where a missing item is that they find at home later. I still don't understand why pump outs are subsidized on luxury items. Is it preaching based on fact? Sorry if I toppled your apple cart. I didn't bring it up but it's a crappy post.
The Following User Says Thank You to mowtorman For This Useful Post:
Broken Glass (10-09-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 08:00 PM   #8
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowtorman View Post
The next craze if you can get the right permits.

Everyone loves to talk about stuff that they don't know.
Take care of the people you expect to take care of you... simple. Works better for everyone. Maybe you have the cleanest boat on the lake...kudos!

Try life on the other side for a while nothing will surprise you. People dump and run in the fall more often than you know. Then they want to know where a missing item is that they find at home later. I still don't understand why pump outs are subsidized on luxury items. Is it preaching based on fact? Sorry if I toppled your apple cart. I didn't bring it up but it's a crappy post.
The conclusions about the issue that you assumed, and the tone of your posts, is not helpful. The gentleman asked a legitimate question about pump outs and your responses have been inappropriate.

Maybe try to add some positive information when you respond to an issue.

We should do better here. Most of us try.
TiltonBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 08:07 PM   #9
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondguy View Post
Somehow I feel that this must actually be going on somewhere right now, maybe in many places,,,

Always remember real life is often stranger than fiction.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 08:50 PM   #10
mowtorman

Default Positive vibrations

My suggestions are very positive for boat owners. You get what you give. Food for thought.

Take a walk on the other side. Based on fact if you want it to be relevant to you I can't stop you.
Point is you have a free service that people don't take advantage of for whatever reasons.

There's tons of "preaching" on this forum, some good and some bad. Some called for and some not. Whatever...if you're gonna go public someone's feathers will be ruffled. Why do you think we have different political parties? We rely on our differences and the chance to express them.
Old 07-18-2022, 09:52 PM   #11
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowtorman View Post
My suggestions are very positive for boat owners. You get what you give. Food for thought. There's tons of "preaching" on this forum, some good and some bad. Some called for and some not.
And might I add, some understandable, others undecipherable.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winilyme For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (07-19-2022), TiltonBB (07-19-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 07:17 AM   #12
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Pumping Service

There is one in the Great Bay/Portsmouth area and Sebago Lake Maine. It is a boat with a holding tank that would pump out the black and or gray water of your boat. You must call for the service.

That will be an awesome service on Winni. To justify the expense of getting necessary permits and equipment will turn most people off.