Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-27-2024, 09:01 AM   #1
BirchHillCC

Exclamation New Restaurant - Overlook Tavern at Birch Hill

Hi Winni Friends - we are Birch Hill Country Club and the Overlook Tavern, formerly operating as Ridgewood Country Club in Moultonborough! Both our 18 hole golf course and the tavern opened for the 2024 season on March 15th. With the snow, our golf season was put on a brief hold but hopefully fully re-opened by next week. In the short month and a half after closing the acquisition, we put a significant face lift and remodel on the Overlook Tavern and the Pro Shop and we're now fully operational with a great new lineup of craft beer, a revamped wine selection, and craft cocktails being rolled out weekly along with many specials coming direct from the kitchen. Much of the staff has remained unchanged and we're picking up where things were left in the fall focusing on quality of the products and service at a reasonable price.

We're open seven days a week right now from 11a-9p until the golf season ramps up and have daily Spring specials in the Tavern. Public is more than welcome to come in and enjoy the restaurant (and the golf course) and take in the views of the course and our daily sunsets (example recent photo attached) while cozying up by the fireplace as we wait for the snow to melt. We look forward to seeing you all throughout the season! A link to our menu is https://www.birchhillcc.com/overlooktavern while we continue to build out the website.
Attached Images

Last edited by BirchHillCC; 03-27-2024 at 12:21 PM.
BirchHillCC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BirchHillCC For This Useful Post:
GsChinadoll (05-13-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 09:04 AM   #2
Blyblvrd

Good luck and hope you have a great season!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Blyblvrd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blyblvrd For This Useful Post:
BirchHillCC (03-27-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 09:35 AM   #3
thinkxingu

Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,239 Posts

Looks like a pretty awesome menu...and only 14 minutes from camp!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:44 AM   #4
BirchHillCC

Default ECLIPSE PARTY on our DECK TODAY

If you're looking for the perfect place to watch the eclipse, we're hosting a watch party at the Overlook Tavern today with some specials. The deck is open and expected to be busy with the weather and our view. Come in an check it out!

Last edited by BirchHillCC; 04-08-2024 at 11:25 AM.
VitaBene (04-08-2024)
Old 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM   #5
VitaBene

Thanked 1,610 Times in 824 Posts
Default Birch Hill CC

Eddie has done a great job of renovating/ cleaning painting what was Ridgewood! High tops and the new seating area in front of the fireplace really show off the views!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
BirchHillCC (04-09-2024), GsChinadoll (05-13-2024), Shreddy (04-09-2024)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2024, 06:52 PM   #6
thinkxingu

Drove by Buckey's today to try the restaurant, and it was great!

The mozzarella sticks and sweet chili wings were both crispy and flavorful, and the steak and cheese was excellent as well. My friend, who ordered the Hot Nashville Chicken Sandwich—which I've been told is something Overlook takes pride in—said it was excellent.

Prices were also very reasonable—apps and five meals total with tip was $120—and the service was cheerful.

One thing that kinda stuck out is that the other patrons were kind as well. In fact, a trio by the bar offered to move so we could belly up—I thought that was nice and, given that they clearly knew the bartender, maybe an indication of the expectations.

As people here may know, I'm a big fan of Buckey's, but I'll definitely be splitting my business up moving forward!

If you've not been yet, give it a go. Great food, service, and setting!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
BirchHillCC (08-13-2024), Rockman33 (08-13-2024), Shreddy (08-13-2024), The Winster (08-13-2024)
Old 08-13-2024, 07:12 AM   #7
Biggd

Thanked 1,127 Times in 712 Posts

My wife and I were heading there for the first time Saturday night. We like the Bob House but didn't think we would get in.
The parking lot at the Bob House was empty so we pulled in to find they had no power. Just as we were pulling out, we saw the lights come on and turned back.
We had our pick of bar seats, as they had lost power for 45 minutes. By the time we left the place was packed.
We'll have to try Buckeys another time!
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2024, 08:09 AM   #8
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post

We'll have to try Buckeys another time!
I was posting about the Overlook Tavern at Birch Hill, just about .25 miles past Buckey's!

The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Biggd (08-13-2024)
Old 08-13-2024, 10:52 AM   #9
Biggd

Thanked 1,127 Times in 712 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I was posting about the Overlook Tavern at Birch Hill, just about .25 miles past Buckey's!

I will have to try that one too. My grandson plays golf there when he comes up to visit
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2024, 09:31 AM   #10
BirchHillCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Drove by Buckey's today to try the restaurant, and it was great!

The mozzarella sticks and sweet chili wings were both crispy and flavorful, and the steak and cheese was excellent as well. My friend, who ordered the Hot Nashville Chicken Sandwich—which I've been told is something Overlook takes pride in—said it was excellent.

Prices were also very reasonable—apps and five meals total with tip was $120—and the service was cheerful.

One thing that kinda stuck out is that the other patrons were kind as well. In fact, a trio by the bar offered to move so we could belly up—I thought that was nice and, given that they clearly knew the bartender, maybe an indication of the expectations.

As people here may know, I'm a big fan of Buckey's, but I'll definitely be splitting my business up moving forward!

If you've not been yet, give it a go. Great food, service, and setting!

Thanks for coming in and we appreciate the positive feedback! As a new venture, it's been fun to learn but we're trying out best to improve what was already a great little tavern. The view is hard to beat as well If you haven't already, make sure to check out our social media pages on both Facebook and Instagram as we're often posting specials as well as details on our August Happy Hour from 3-5pm EVERY DAY during the month of August! Cheers and hope to see you again soon!
Old 08-15-2024, 07:42 AM   #11
Blyblvrd

Played a half round with some buddies yesterday after recently playing Winnipesaukee Country Club. I have to say I love Birch Hill. It’s in excellent shape, the cart was super fast, the course is diverse and fun. Ric in the pro shop and Maddie at the bar were fantastic. Met the wives for some apps after they did Castle in the Clouds yoga (they love it). We had chicken nachos and steak nachos and they got devoured. My wife is a Brussel Sprouts fanatic so she knows good and bad. She loved them! This will be my go to course from now on as well as for dinner and some drinks. Keep up the great work BH!

Blyblvrd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blyblvrd For This Useful Post:
BirchHillCC (08-16-2024)
Old 08-16-2024, 09:31 AM   #12
BirchHillCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyblvrd View Post
Played a half round with some buddies yesterday after recently playing Winnipesaukee Country Club. I have to say I love Birch Hill. It’s in excellent shape, the cart was super fast, the course is diverse and fun. Ric in the pro shop and Maddie at the bar were fantastic. Met the wives for some apps after they did Castle in the Clouds yoga (they love it). We had chicken nachos and steak nachos and they got devoured. My wife is a Brussel Sprouts fanatic so she knows good and bad. She loved them! This will be my go to course from now on as well as for dinner and some drinks. Keep up the great work BH!

Thanks for the feedback BlyBlvrd! The entire facility is special, scenic, and such an awesome layout and vibe. We've been trying to improve daily since the ownership change back in February prioritizing the greens, the conditions, the food, the pro shop, and the overall experience! Looking forward to see you and friends again soon!
Old 09-06-2024, 09:35 AM   #13
BirchHillCC

Default Happy Hour Continues

We ran a Happy Hour through the month of August that was awesome and we're going to continue it daily right through September. Stop by and take advantage of the gorgeous fall sunsets!
Attached Images

Biggd (09-06-2024)
Old 09-06-2024, 04:04 PM   #14
Sue Doe-Nym

Four of us will be there at 6 tonight….3 of us for the first time since new ownership. We are looking forward to it…..and will give a full report!
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2024, 04:27 PM   #15
BirchHillCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
Four of us will be there at 6 tonight….3 of us for the first time since new ownership. We are looking forward to it…..and will give a full report!
Awesome! It's a perfect night for it so you should get a great golden hour and sunset off the deck! Looking forward to the feedback as we've been constantly trying to improve
Old 09-06-2024, 07:11 PM   #16
Sue Doe-Nym

We all gave our Birch Hill experience an A. We were able to sit out on the deck, overlooking the golf course….gorgeous views and quiet surroundings. The tables were well spaced for private conversations, etc. The food and service were very good also. We will definitely return with our next batch of visitors!
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
BirchHillCC (09-08-2024), KPW (09-07-2024)
Old 09-08-2024, 07:13 PM   #17
BirchHillCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
We all gave our Birch Hill experience an A. We were able to sit out on the deck, overlooking the golf course….gorgeous views and quiet surroundings. The tables were well spaced for private conversations, etc. The food and service were very good also. We will definitely return with our next batch of visitors!
Thank you for coming by! Happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to seeing you again soon!