Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2021, 07:19 PM   #1
SailinAway

Default Didn't receive prevaccinnation questionnaire

Quote from email from state: "You will receive a notification to complete the Prevaccination Questionnaire the day before your appointment." The state website says "the day of your appointment." Any idea which is correct?
Old 03-10-2021, 07:40 PM   #2
Sue Doe-Nym

Default No questionnaire beforehand

We didn’t receive anything either, although we asked. We were told we were “all set”. We arrived at the Plymouth armory at the right time, and filled out the questionnaire in the car while we waited for our shots. Everything went smoothly. You should be fine.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:28 PM   #3
rick35

I received a questionnaire via text the morning of my second shot.
Old 03-11-2021, 05:30 AM   #4
jeffk

I logged into the CDC VAMS site, found the questionnaire, and filled it out. When I got to the armory, they GAVE ME A PAPER COPY and I filled it out again (BRING A PENCIL OR PEN). They never collected it and the person who gave me the shot gave it a quick look over and handed it back to me.

To start, I presented my VAMS form with the QR code. They did NOT scan it. I also needed to present my ID (driver's license). They found my name on a list they had and that was the primary means to verify my appointment.

The form HERE is a similar list of questions although not an exact match. In addition, there were questions about "pertinent" medical history and medications but all you needed was to have a list available with your information. They did NOT ask for or look at my list. I had an electronic copy on my phone if they needed it but they did NOT.

I am on blood thinners and their only response to that was to tell me to put pressure on the injection site if it oozed (it did not).

I was there about an hour from arrival to exit time. You never leave your car.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:56 AM   #5
Lakegeezer

Default Your answers may matter

Be careful how you answer the questionnaire. My sister filled out the online questionnaire that she had previously gotten sick from a vaccine and her appointment was canceled. She called, was told she would need a note from her doctor, who said it would be OK, but that didn't work. The only way to keep an appointment was answer "no" to the question about previous problems with vaccines.
Old 03-11-2021, 10:31 AM   #6
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
Be careful how you answer the questionnaire. My sister filled out the online questionnaire that she had previously gotten sick from a vaccine and her appointment was canceled. She called, was told she would need a note from her doctor, who said it would be OK, but that didn't work. The only way to keep an appointment was answer "no" to the question about previous problems with vaccines.
I would be even more careful about providing inaccurate information on the questionnaire. They want to know if you had a severe reaction, like anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death. It typically causes more than one of the following: an itchy rash, throat or tongue swelling, shortness of breath, vomiting, lightheadedness, low blood pressure. Or they want to know if you had other serious problems later after the injection. They are NOT asking about a sore arm, a slight fever, body aches, or general fatigue which are common side effects of a vaccine and are NOT life threatening.

One thing to consider is that these types of severe allergic reaction can get worse with repeated instances. Maybe the first time results in a rash and shortness of breath. The second could be life threatening.

Maybe the result of reporting a severe reaction in the past is that you cannot get the vaccine right away. The best thing is to work with your doctor to get it in a safe environment that is prepared to deal with possible severe side effects.
Old 03-11-2021, 01:03 PM   #7
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Tell the truth

My wife is allergic to bee stings, bites from fire ants, and other venomous insects. She carries an EpiPen with her everywhere she goes.

At her 1st shot, they asked how severe her reaction was and she told them. Usually she has to take her EpiPen within 5 mins or so, and head to the ER. They asked if she had her own EpiPen with her, she said yes, and they said great.

We got our shots, we waited in the room for a minute or two and then it was out to the exit waiting area. One of us had to wait 15 minutes and the other had to wait 30 minutes. (No, I didn't leave her there. Thought about it. Then I thought better of it)

No problem getting the shot, and none as a result of getting it?

Dave
Old 03-11-2021, 06:20 PM   #8
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Default I admit...

I haven't read all of the posts.
When we went for our first shots, a month ago (a drive-up- LRCC), while waiting in line we were given a pre-vaccination form to fill out. No one collected or even looked at them
Got our shots- waited 15 minutes, and gone.
Should you worry about it???
Old 03-12-2021, 09:56 AM   #9
Waturfski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
Good info to have. That's surprising to me that there was still an issue with the doc signing off on it though ...