Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
jrc

Default 603-pumpout

Anyone know about this service?

A boat with "Environmental Services" and 603-PUMPOUT on the side comes into our marina and pumps the holding tank of a docked boat.

The scuttlebutt is that it is a free service.

Is this a state or federal government boat? Is this a business giving out free samples?
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
hilltopper

Default Google is your friend..

This will answer some of your questions.

http://des.nh.gov/media/pr/2010/20100903-pumpout.htm
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
Chaos

Default It's true, it's free

They showed up at Johnson's cove one day and several of the folks I was tied up with got the free pumpout. We were told that they have been concentrating on other lakes the past few years and this was the first year that this gentleman was working Winni. It was kind of funny, he said when he comes along side some boats, all the drinkers hide their cocktail since they think it's the MP.

One of the little perks courtesy of the state of NH.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
SIKSUKR

They don't need to hide their drinks,not even the captain.
Not sure I understand them being on Winni.There mission on the web page clearly says that the intention is to pump out on lakes that don't provide that service.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
hancoveguy

I believe part of the reason they are on Winni is because there are no pump outs on the northeast end of the lake because there is no sewer in that area and, in an effort to prevent contamination, the state offers this free service...

I wish I still had a pump out head...
HCG
hancoveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
AB_Monterey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
They showed up at Johnson's cove one day and several of the folks I was tied up with got the free pumpout. We were told that they have been concentrating on other lakes the past few years and this was the first year that this gentleman was working Winni. It was kind of funny, he said when he comes along side some boats, all the drinkers hide their cocktail since they think it's the MP.

One of the little perks courtesy of the state of NH.
Nice! Not really unique though. The harbormasters down in Mass will come out and pump you out as well. They make it free and easy to do it so people don't dump into the ocean. At least that's what my asst habormaster pal down in Gloucester told me a few years ago.
AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
jrc

Well I saw them in Gilford not more than 200' from a shore based pumpout. Now that I know this is taxpayer funded operation, I hate it.

There is no reason for my tax dollars to be used to supply a service that is readily availble, inexpensive and well served by the private community. I can see serving remote lakes without services, or maybe even remote spots on Winnipesaukee, but not inside a private yacht club with its own free to members pumpout.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #8
Belmont Resident

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Well I saw them in Gilford not more than 200' from a shore based pumpout. Now that I know this is taxpayer funded operation, I hate it.

There is no reason for my tax dollars to be used to supply a service that is readily availble, inexpensive and well served by the private community. I can see serving remote lakes without services, or maybe even remote spots on Winnipesaukee, but not inside a private yacht club with its own free to members pumpout.
I wonder if they take EBT cards or food stamps as a tip. Those are probably the ones who will take advantage of it.
Many saw & smelled a big cruiser being pumped out at the Margate docks during the SeaRay event by this service.
Who would wait till they are at a party with hundreds around to smell it to get their tank pumped. Oh and Irwins, Lakeport and Paugus Bay Marina were all 1/4 mile away.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #9
tis

Thanked 1,376 Times in 952 Posts

What I don't understand is why the state complains it is so broke that we have to cut Marine Patrol but we suddenly have money for this????
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
Belmont Resident (08-16-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
Belmont Resident

Thumbs down NH is definitely slacking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
What I don't understand is why the state complains it is so broke that we have to cut Marine Patrol but we suddenly have money for this????
Maybe the same reason they pave roads that don't need paving and are now looking to widen Rt-106 when there is a laundry list of roads in such poor shape.
Poor management. They want to spend millions on Rt-106 for a traffic problem that happens 2 Sundays a year.
You used to see clean roads and highways that are now littered with trash and signs asking us to sponsor a section of road for trash removal.
It seems the state workers are useless and now want to pass their work onto the people who pay for them. Get the waste products from the prison out there cleaning the roads.
Years ago when I first moved up to NH I was amazed at how good a job the state did at keeping the sides of the roads and highways clean and mowed compared to other states, now you see trash on the sides of roads it seems like all summer.
Wait aren't the state workers union? It's all starting to make sense.
I understand that NO state is perfect, but NH used to be a lot better at taking care of itself then it is now.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
Happy Gourmand

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont resident View Post
maybe the same reason they pave roads that don't need paving and are now looking to widen rt-106 when there is a laundry list of roads in such poor shape.
Poor management. They want to spend millions on rt-106 for a traffic problem that happens 2 sundays a year.
You used to see clean roads and highways that are now littered with trash and signs asking us to sponsor a section of road for trash removal.
It seems the state workers are useless and now want to pass their work onto the people who pay for them. Get the waste products from the prison out there cleaning the roads.
Years ago when i first moved up to nh i was amazed at how good a job the state did at keeping the sides of the roads and highways clean and mowed compared to other states, now you see trash on the sides of roads it seems like all summer.
Wait aren't the state workers union? It's all starting to make sense.
I understand that no state is perfect, but nh used to be a lot better at taking care of itself then it is now.
"waste products"........wow.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote