Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
martbri7

Default Speed Limit on 93

Wondering if the new speed limit of 55mph on 93 stretch that the state is working on (exit 22 or 23) comes to mind, if those speed limits are 55 during non work hours or during weekends? I understand at some points in the highwayt it turns to one lane, but there are stretches where for a few miles its wide open.

Thanks

Brian
martbri7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #2
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by martbri7 View Post
Wondering if the new speed limit of 55mph on 93 stretch that the state is working on (exit 22 or 23) comes to mind, if those speed limits are 55 during non work hours or during weekends? I understand at some points in the highwayt it turns to one lane, but there are stretches where for a few miles its wide open.

Thanks

Brian
If it is a posted work zone, than it is 55 all the time. They do not take down the work zone on the weekends and at night. The idea is that you are traveling through a constricted space, so slower speeds are safer for you.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

"The idea is that you are traveling through a constricted space, so slower speeds are safer for you."

And for the workers mostly.

If the sign is up and it doesn't mention any zone it is the posted speed limit. You don't see an end of work zone sign until you are after the Tilton Bridge at exit 20. Though I think it is 65mph down the long hill to exit 20. I was amazed when people were passing me at like 85MPH in the 55mph zone, and doing 65 or better in the 45 zone. And not one Statey anywere....
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
RailroadJoe

Most speed limit signs I see must mean minimum. Nobody follows them anyway, anymore.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
songkrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailroadJoe View Post
Most speed limit signs I see must mean minimum. Nobody follows them anyway, anymore.
Certainly some do exceed the speed limit at times.

But when they are stopped by the uniformed folks they do get a ticket that will cost real money and probably insurance points.

When I took drivng school many years ago and when I took the driving test I was told to keep up with the flow of traffic.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
RailroadJoe

Some do! Rarely do I see many cars doing the speed limit or less. Times change and people have to get where they are going quickly. Stay with the flow - and break the law, no tickets given. Isn't this a great country or what.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

If the sign is white and does not have some kind of flashing light indicator stating work zone, then I would go the number on the sign- that is the legal limit.

There is a section of 93 (exit 8 or 9 I think) that is marked 45
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #8
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
If the sign is white and does not have some kind of flashing light indicator stating work zone, then I would go the number on the sign- that is the legal limit.

There is a section of 93 (exit 8 or 9 I think) that is marked 45
I believe in going with the flow to a point. If I'm leading and approach a unoccupied work zone I slow down.
But if someone else is leading and there are others behind I'll go with the flow to a point depending on just how fast over the leader is going. I draw a line at more then 5 over.
During work hours I'll be the one doing the posted speed limit.