Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
Chickie

Default Flea Product Danger

There is an extremely upsetting and heart-wrenching letter in today’s Laconia Citizen from a woman living in Tilton, who used Sargent’s flea and tick spot treatment on two of her cats. Within 1-1/2 hours the cats were in great distress and became progressively worse. They were crying out loudly, twitching and eventually unable to walk. They both died extremely painful deaths within a short time. She was writing to warn others of what had happened so they could avoid the product. Being an animal lover and having a cat myself, I can only imagine what that poor woman is going through and the heartbreak she is feeling.

I had seen a segment on TV a few months ago about reported problems with certain spot treatment flea remedies. At the time they said there had been deaths of pets believed to have been attributed to them and it was being “looked into”, but I heard nothing further. Incredible to believe that the suspected products were not removed from shelves immediately when the reports of problems with them first surfaced a few months ago? It is my understanding that the products you can obtain from veterinarians have different ingredients than those less expensive ones you can purchase in stores. The brands you can obtain from your vet are apparently safe to use
Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote