Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-21-2004, 12:14 AM   #1
Commodore

Exclamation Boat Safety Certificate needed now if born on or after 1-1-73, or if supervising kids

Everyone born on or after 1-1-1973 needs a recognized boater education certificate to boat in NH this season. You also need one even if you were born before that if you supervise kids driving your boat. Next summer you'll need one if born on or after 1-1-1967.

This is not a license but a certificate. The State of NH accepts or recognizes certificates from many other states and from Power Squadron and Coast Guard Auxiliary. The state exams must be NASBLA certified and the PS and CGA exams must be administered by PS and CGA personnel. Not all NASBLA certified or other certificates are recognized by the State of NH (Like the Boat US course). Check with Marine Patrol about your particular certificate to see if NH accepts it (and get the NAME of the MP that cleared it). I'm expanding on the answers in the post from newcomer "The Commodore".
Interesting name you have. Now I'll have to find a unique avatar so readers can distinguish between us. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, thank you

And it's already mentioned that there is a once in a lifetime temporary 14 day certificate for the tourist rent-a-thing (boat/jet ski)places. A short safety review. Rental places can help you get the temp certificate (and many can issue them on the spot).

You can find the NH On-Line boating safety course by clicking here:
Official NH Boating Course

Even in a 26 footer the multi-wake chop out between Eagle Island and the Weirs can be quite an experience on a busy weekend. Worse today than 10 years ago. It's also the reason I do not have an open bow boat. I expect waves to crash over my bow and sometimes splash the boat. I rarely get that between 8:00 and 10 AM and if I want a calm cruise on a weekend I go out then. It would make me nervous to have a boat that could not handle the water or waves or weather I expect to encounter while boating.

Last edited by Commodore; 06-21-2004 at 12:20 AM.
Commodore is offline   Reply With Quote