Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old Today, 06:33 AM   #1
rsmlp

Default Gusto Taphouse

The Gusto Taphouse in Center Harbor is a relatively new Italian restaurant which took over for Osterio Pogio. Fantastic! Tried it with my wife and I consider myself a fair italian food critic. I had the Bolognese pasta while my wife had a sort of chicken parm. We shared the meatball app. All were outstanding. You will not disappointed.
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rsmlp For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (Today)
Old Today, 07:34 AM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,128 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
The Gusto Taphouse in Center Harbor is a relatively new Italian restaurant which took over for Osterio Pogio. Fantastic! Tried it with my wife and I consider myself a fair italian food critic. I had the Bolognese pasta while my wife had a sort of chicken parm. We shared the meatball app. All were outstanding. You will not disappointed.
My wife and I went when about a month ago. The food and service at Gusto's is always excellent but it was pricey. I got chicken parm at $26, which is the going price at most restaurants these days, but it was ala cart. It wasn't a large portion, pasta and bread were extra.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:44 AM   #3
TomC

Default afraid I disagree

My wife and I want last week on Friday. We were seated at a very small table in one of the front dining rooms. The table was wobbly and far too small to hold our drinks and food. This table was next to a filthy window full of dead bugs stuck in spiderwebs that was quite unappetizing and interfered with the view of Center Harbor. We also had the meatballs and I guess they were "OK". We ordered the bread and olive oil. No spice in the oil and frankly it tasted funny and I thought it was rancid. I had a salad with a cutlet that was 50% croutons. My wife had the bolognese and found it uninspired. I am of Italian descent and while I do not expect it to be on par with my late grandmother's, the food at Gusto was mediocre in my opinion. Finally - and the restaurant perhaps cannot help this - a family with 5 children below the age of 7ish were seated next to us and turned the place into Chuck E. Cheese... running around, screaming, and making a mess. Fair or not, this ruined experience which is a big part of dining out. So Gusto is off the list... Try it for yourself - maybe you will not be disappointed, but we certainly were.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:51 AM   #4
Descant

Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,018 Posts
Default 5 Children

TomC, that's too bad. Rowdy children (or other loud patrons)m ake it difficult to enjoy even the most excellent food. Some restaurants do better than others at this--not seating kids in the main dining room, no kids after 6:00 pm, no kid servings, etc.
"Reservation only" places seem to better at solving this problem.
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:47 AM   #5
camp guy

Default Gusto Taphouse

Rowdy children (or adults) can ruin a night out. In my humble opinion, if you take your children to a restaurant, it is your responsibility to control their behavior so as to NOT ruin somebody else's evening (and yours). I get it, how else will children learn about restaurants unless you take them out to eat, but this does not excuse poor behavior, not does it let parents off the hook from controlling them.

Last edited by camp guy; Today at 02:32 PM. Reason: insert 'NOT'
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (Today)
Sponsored Links
Old Today, 04:22 PM   #6
thinkxingu

Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy View Post
Rowdy children (or adults) can ruin a night out. In my humble opinion, if you take your children to a restaurant, it is your responsibility to control their behavior so as to NOT ruin somebody else's evening (and yours). I get it, how else will children learn about restaurants unless you take them out to eat, but this does not excuse poor behavior, not does it let parents off the hook from controlling them.
Agreed, but how many topics/threads here are the result of people not caring about/paying attention to others' experiences?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote