Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 06:12 PM   #1
SAB1

There was no spillage into the lake. Those black pipes are less than 100yds from my property. No pumping of affluent out of the lagoons onto the land or lake. At the time those chambers were put in the State was involved as the system was failing. There was a two year ongoing project to completely redo that septic system . And just to be clear, those to lagoons or ponds contained 100% grey water no solids.

I have no affiliation with the Camp or Farm Island or axe to grind. Just hate seeing misconstrued facts all over this thread.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SAB1 For This Useful Post:
codeman671 (02-19-2021), granitebox (02-19-2021), Grant (02-19-2021), KPW (02-20-2021), Sue Doe-Nym (02-18-2021)
Old 02-19-2021, 07:47 AM   #2
Randy Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
There was no spillage into the lake. Those black pipes are less than 100yds from my property. No pumping of affluent out of the lagoons onto the land or lake. At the time those chambers were put in the State was involved as the system was failing. There was a two year ongoing project to completely redo that septic system . And just to be clear, those to lagoons or ponds contained 100% grey water no solids.

I have no affiliation with the Camp or Farm Island or axe to grind. Just hate seeing misconstrued facts all over this thread.
i welcome corrective information but this is inconsistent. what supports the spillage incident is clearly this ice line. please explain your thoughts here. i see no way any natural soil absorption would show a ice line feet above where the sewage level was only hours before. similar to a lake level change no marks like this occur without a breach. again i welcome information of support of any substance. thank you
Old 02-19-2021, 09:22 AM   #3
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post

Thank you. I was confident there was more to this story. The only thing spewing is Randy....
The Following User Says Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post:
mhtranger (02-19-2021)
Old 02-19-2021, 01:12 PM   #4
Randy Owen

Default please explain

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
Thank you. I was confident there was more to this story. The only thing spewing is Randy....
i ask you then to explain these two things. why did mr. nelson write this letter and where did all this waist water or grey water go? if you are content then swim where you will. if you care then learn the truth
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2021, 01:19 PM   #5
granitebox

Did the camp operate during the summer of 2020?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2021, 01:42 PM   #6
Randy Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by granitebox View Post
Did the camp operate during the summer of 2020?
this happened several years ago. there should be a des report that we are trying to access
Old 02-19-2021, 02:26 PM   #7
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Owen View Post
i ask you then to explain these two things. why did mr. nelson write this letter and where did all this waist water or grey water go? if you are content then swim where you will. if you care then learn the truth
You obviously have an axe to grind with them, and that's fine. My point above is that SAB1 states that they live 100 yards from the site, and as a witness not involved in your mess he states that your claims are untrue/unfounded. I have no idea who Mr. Nelson is, but feel that I should be on a first name basis with him by now based on the number of times you have posted his same letter on this thread!

Taken from the post in question:

"There was no spillage into the lake. Those black pipes are less than 100yds from my property. No pumping of affluent out of the lagoons onto the land or lake. At the time those chambers were put in the State was involved as the system was failing. There was a two year ongoing project to completely redo that septic system . And just to be clear, those to lagoons or ponds contained 100% grey water no solids.

I have no affiliation with the Camp or Farm Island or axe to grind. Just hate seeing misconstrued facts all over this thread."
Old 02-19-2021, 04:47 PM   #8
Randy Owen

Default winnie shores

Quote:
You obviously have an axe to grind with them, and that's fine. My point above is that SAB1 states that they live 100 yards from the site, and as a witness not involved in your mess he states that your claims are untrue/unfounded. I have no idea who Mr. Nelson is, but feel that I should be on a first name basis with him by now based on the number of times you have posted his same letter on this thread!

Taken from the post in question:

"There was no spillage into the lake. Those black pipes are less than 100yds from my property. No pumping of affluent out of the lagoons onto the land or lake. At the time those chambers were put in the State was involved as the system was failing. There was a two year ongoing project to completely redo that septic system . And just to be clear, those to lagoons or ponds contained 100% grey water no solids.

I have no affiliation with the Camp or Farm Island or axe to grind. Just hate seeing misconstrued facts all over this thread."

excellent deductions! and i am happy to answer
and yes there is way more to the story

as sab1 states he is within 100 yards of this sewage pond. he is actually also really close to the nuisance as the camp itself details in its overview. both the camp and sab1 want to rid themselves of the nuisance. the camps letter is attached to support this. in this letter the range/nuisance is move from their programing and sleeping area. this too is to sab1 and actually mr. nelsons advantage.

mr. nelsons actually provides two letter. also provided here is the second letter to support and demonstrate the ultimate of hypocrisy. in his first letter he does identify all he hates about the camp exploiting the neighborhood, the land and wild life. at this time he has no idea what the camp is proposing as his first letter details. in the second letter he has learned that he is loosing the nuisance and actually comes back and complements the camp. clearly his posture has zero regard for don mcwhirter the west camp abutters. to be clear mr. nelson and sab1 are loosing the nuisance and don and the people on farm and chase island are gaining the nuisance.

we were extremely disappointed with mr. nelson and others in that neighborhood. they simple abandoned don and their grudge with the camp as the nuisance was shall we say "good riddance" and put the burden on other neighbors. matter of fact is that sab1 concern is if don's legal actions prevail sab1 and mr. nelson keep the nuisance.

for the record i made dozens of phone calls, emails and text to the people in winnie shores. i begged them to align and ask camp belknap not to continue to screw the winnie shores neighbors and not to start to screwing the west camp area with the damn nuisance.

the camp has hundred of acres of land. there is tons of open land to locate this firing range that wouldn't SCREW ANYONE! a win for winnie shores, a win for west camp neighbors, a win for farm island and a win for chase island. the crying shame of it all is that now that don's appeal is likely to prevail winnie shore keeps the damn firing range nuisance.

you've found my passion i again ask you to understand my less then perfect domainer. while doing so please ask yourself the following: when was the last time you let one hundred thousand dollars of your children's money slip through you hands on another's selfish quest?
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2021, 05:03 PM   #9
Randy Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy owen View Post

excellent deductions! And i am happy to answer

as sab1 states he is within 100 yards of this sewage pond. He is actually also really close to the nuisance as the camp itself details in its overview. Both the camp and sab1 want to rid themselves of the nuisance. The camps letter is attached to support this. In this letter the range/nuisance is move from their programing and sleeping area. This too is to sab1 and actually mr. Nelsons advantage.

Mr. Nelsons actually provides two letter. Also provided here is the second letter to support and demonstrate the ultimate of hypocrisy. In his first letter he does identify all he hates about the camp exploiting the neighborhood, the land and wild life. At this time he has no idea what the camp is proposing as his first letter details. In the second letter he has learned that he is loosing the nuisance and actually comes back and complements the camp. Clearly his posture has zero regard for don mcwhirter the west camp abutters. To be clear mr. Nelson and sab1 are loosing the nuisance and don and the people on farm and chase island are gaining the nuisance.

We were extremely disappointed with mr. Nelson and others in that neighborhood. They simple abandoned don and their grudge with the camp as the nuisance was shall we say "good riddance" and put the burden on other neighbors. Matter of fact is that sab1 concern is if don's legal actions prevail sab1 and mr. Nelson keep the nuisance.

For the record i made dozens of phone calls, emails and text to the people in winnie shores. I begged them to align and ask camp belknap not to continue to screw the winnie shores neighbors and not to start to screwing the west camp area with the damn nuisance.

The camp has hundred of acres of land. There is tons of open land to locate this firing range that wouldn't screw anyone! A win for winnie shores, a win for west camp neighbors, a win for farm island and a win for chase island. The crying shame of it all is that now that don's appeal is likely to prevail winnie shore keeps the damn firing range nuisance.

you've found my passion i again ask you to understand my less then perfect domainer. While doing so please ask yourself the following: When was the last time you let one hundred thousand dollars of your children's money slip through you hands on another's selfish quest?
i forgot the overveiw drafted by no other than camp belknap
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2021, 08:10 AM   #10
SAB1

Quote:

excellent deductions! and i am happy to answer

as sab1 states he is within 100 yards of this sewage pond. he is actually also really close to the nuisance as the camp itself details in its overview. both the camp and sab1 want to rid themselves of the nuisance. the camps letter is attached to support this. in this letter the range/nuisance is move from their programing and sleeping area. this too is to sab1 and actually mr. nelsons advantage.

mr. nelsons actually provides two letter. also provided here is the second letter to support and demonstrate the ultimate of hypocrisy. in his first letter he does identify all he hates about the camp exploiting the neighborhood, the land and wild life. at this time he has no idea what the camp is proposing as his first letter details. in the second letter he has learned that he is loosing the nuisance and actually comes back and complements the camp. clearly his posture has zero regard for don mcwhirter the west camp abutters. to be clear mr. nelson and sab1 are loosing the nuisance and don and the people on farm and chase island are gaining the nuisance.

we were extremely disappointed with mr. nelson and others in that neighborhood. they simple abandoned don and their grudge with the camp as the nuisance was shall we say "good riddance" and put the burden on other neighbors. matter of fact is that sab1 concern is if don's legal actions prevail sab1 and mr. nelson keep the nuisance.

for the record i made dozens of phone calls, emails and text to the people in winnie shores. i begged them to align and ask camp belknap not to continue to screw the winnie shores neighbors and not to start to screwing the west camp area with the damn nuisance.

the camp has hundred of acres of land. there is tons of open land to locate this firing range that wouldn't SCREW ANYONE! a win for winnie shores, a win for west camp neighbors, a win for farm island and a win for chase island. the crying shame of it all is that now that don's appeal is likely to prevail winnie shore keeps the damn firing range nuisance.

you've found my passion i again ask you to understand my less then perfect domainer. while doing so please ask yourself the following: when was the last time you let one hundred thousand dollars of your children's money slip through you hands on another's selfish quest?
My input is not within any letter. Please do not reference me with any nuisance letter. My name is not on it or in it. If I have an issue with the camp I direct it directly with Seth. My only issue has been the loud “gangster rap” music on the basket ball pavilion at times. Aside from that I bought my place 20 years ago and directly abutt the camp. Not really going to make waves because I made the choice when I bought. As long as what they do is legal I’m fine. I look at it like I said previously. Great to see the kids outside, swimming, sailing, canoeing, sports etc rather than sitting on their butts in front of a tv playing video games all day or hanging around the town park smokin dope then breaking into homes stealing TVs to sell to buy more dope.

The grey water system has been fixed. That’s all good there. That system was decades old and predated current management. It operated up until its replacement the same way it did for it years. The odor was not really a common problem. It surfaced on long very dry, hot humid weather end of July into August when water levels in the lagoon receded. The land that was exposed by the receded water had marine growth exposed to the air and combined with stagnant water stunk much like a marsh at low tide did. The primary source of the grey water was the laundry mat on 109 and shower facilities at camp.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAB1 For This Useful Post:
codeman671 (02-20-2021), granitebox (02-20-2021)
Old 02-19-2021, 05:24 PM   #11
Randy Owen

Default please find any evidence of state involvement or approval

Quote:

if the state was involved there would a state construction approval number. what is it?
Old 02-19-2021, 05:31 PM   #12
granitebox

This thread has devolved into nonsense with statements lacking facts being thrown about. The same letters/allegations have been made 10x over and that doesn't make them credible. There is far more to story than we are being told but I'm going to leave this to the proper authorities to sort out (if even necessary) - I'm done, out
The Following User Says Thank You to granitebox For This Useful Post:
Top-Water (05-03-2021)
Old 02-19-2021, 05:57 PM   #13
mhtranger

All this post is about is how Randy likes to hear his own voice. This thread has become ridiculous. Get over yourself Randy.
The Following User Says Thank You to mhtranger For This Useful Post:
Top-Water (05-03-2021)
Old 02-19-2021, 06:49 PM   #14
nhd

These might clarify some, without examining all the permits issued it appears DES is involved and a septic treatment system is approved. DES one stop activity log shows correspondence starting 2001 until 2020
Attached Images
File Type: pdf belknap.pdf (272.7 KB, 425 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nhd For This Useful Post:
codeman671 (02-20-2021), Randy Owen (02-20-2021)
Old 02-20-2021, 09:51 AM   #15
Randy Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhd View Post
These might clarify some, without examining all the permits issued it appears DES is involved and a septic treatment system is approved. DES one stop activity log shows correspondence starting 2001 until 2020
THANK YOU!!!!

official documentation is a appreciated. this is however way after the breach and after 52 years of as the nelson letter details of discharge. camp belknap was on a watch list. for the record the system has been improved but still under investigation of compliance.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:17 PM   #16
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhd View Post
Yes THANK YOU!!! Clearly shows nothing to see here, DES has permitted what is in operation at Camp Belknap and is fully compliant.

Checkmate Randy. Move along now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
granitebox (02-20-2021), Grant (02-22-2021), mhtranger (02-20-2021), nhd (02-20-2021), pondguy (02-20-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 08:17 AM   #17
Kingfisher

Can anyone enlighten those of us with severe third grade reading comprehension with the shorthand version of this story of woe?
Is Mr Owen a big rich landowner or wannabe starting a chicken farm?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfisher For This Useful Post:
JEEPONLY (02-22-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 09:23 AM   #18
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
Can anyone enlighten those of us with severe third grade reading comprehension with the shorthand version of this story of woe?
Is Mr Owen a big rich landowner or wannabe starting a chicken farm?
I would be happy to provide the abridged version: Owens vs. Camp Belknap. This topic has been discussed ad nauseum and regurgitated, and most forum members are just plain worn out, and want to give it a rest. JMO.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
JEEPONLY (02-22-2021), Kingfisher (02-23-2021), TheTimeTraveler (02-22-2021), Top-Water (05-03-2021), XCR-700 (02-22-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 03:13 PM   #19
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

I must say, I have read much of this, and still don't get it- hence my thanks to the two previous posts.

That which may seem confusing are my experiences with two of the players:
Pardon me- Gene Clark did marvelous work at the camp, but was a bit of a kook-
Don McWhirter is an arrogant ass-
Old 02-22-2021, 06:20 PM   #20
Randy Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPONLY View Post
I must say, I have read much of this, and still don't get it- hence my thanks to the two previous posts.

That which may seem confusing are my experiences with two of the players:
Pardon me- Gene Clark did marvelous work at the camp, but was a bit of a kook-
Don McWhirter is an arrogant ass-
i sold camp belknap a boat 30 years ago. gene was a perfect gentleman and followed our agreement with perfection. i see nothing of a "kook"

i have had business dealings with don too and these were flawless. recently i have had a better opportunity to learn more about don. he supported me in the one of the most corrupt and difficult of battles of my lifetime. i consider myself lucky to call him my friend
Old 02-23-2021, 10:04 AM   #21
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Quote:
i sold camp belknap a boat 30 years ago. gene was a perfect gentleman and followed our agreement with perfection. i see nothing of a "kook"

i have had business dealings with don too and these were flawless. recently i have had a better opportunity to learn more about don. he supported me in the one of the most corrupt and difficult of battles of my lifetime. i consider myself lucky to call him my friend
I maintain my respect for all that Gene did, over many, many years, to develop, administer and deliver the "camp experience".
Unfortunately, later in his tenure, he took on peculiar habits- like ill-applied Man-tan and hair coloring. Think small-town N.H.
My point- in this time, were incorrect (unlawful) decisions made concerning the physical/financial existence of the property?
As mentioned earlier, I don't really get all that is going on. Just saying.

I never said Don was stupid- just that he is arrogant. When someone like this gets in stride I always suspect an over-stepping of the bounds to occur.
Again- not knowing what this is really all about, could this be part of the local resistance to information and intent?

I don't know. Just 2c.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:22 PM   #22
fatlazyless

Thursday, May 19, 2022: http://www.sports.yahoo.com/ymca-cam...040100952.html ..... law suit pending

http://www.nhlakesproperty.com/listi...boro-nh-03816/ .... for sale; 13.3 acres and ye olde 1906 island cottage on Farm Island, price-$1,495,000

Well, well, well, well, well, well , and well, well, well, well ...... you know this well is getting repetitious ..... cannot think of an intelligent comment here, but I figured these two links were relevant for posting to this old thread, here ...... and well, well, well, well, well? ....
FlyingScot (05-19-2022), LIforrelaxin (05-19-2022), pondguy (05-19-2022), TheTimeTraveler (05-19-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 04:14 PM   #23
owenoutdoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Thursday, May 19, 2022: http://www.sports.yahoo.com/ymca-cam...040100952.html ..... law suit pending

http://www.nhlakesproperty.com/listi...boro-nh-03816/ .... for sale; 13.3 acres and ye olde 1906 island cottage on Farm Island, price-$1,495,000

Well, well, well, well, well, well , and well, well, well, well ...... you know this well is getting repetitious ..... cannot think of an intelligent comment here, but I figured these two links were relevant for posting to this old thread, here ...... and well, well, well, well, well? ....
you found an old link from the original listing. The property is not for sale
Old 05-19-2022, 04:37 PM   #24
fatlazyless

..... ok, I actually think I thought of something quasi-intelligent to say!

From a 1914 famous poem by poet Robert Frost who wrote that;

......... good fences make for good neighbors, (or something similar)

Chances are, you put up a good attractive fence to divide the 12-acres and the 9-acres on Farm Island, and suddenly both abutting parties would start to have improved relationship. ........ ye olde NH proverb so sayeth ......

Is probably better in long run, and less expensive in short run to pay for fence, than to pay for lawyers, plus you get a fence. With lawyers, you probably get a lot of nothing. .....
Old 05-19-2022, 04:58 PM   #25
XCR-700

Nice profit there, hope it was all worth it.

Life is too short for such madness. There are way too many other options.

Good luck to all parties going forward, and may they never meet each other again.
Old 05-19-2022, 05:01 PM   #26
pondguy

Maybe Randy could just donate his property to Camp Belknap it would be great for the kids.
The Following User Says Thank You to pondguy For This Useful Post:
XCR-700 (05-19-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 05:09 PM   #27
owenoutdoors

Hey everyone bit of misinformation in the post that revived this thread. The link that was found is extremely old and was from the original listing. Maxfield real estate was the listing company and you can go to their site and see it is not there. For whatever reason sites like these pick up on the MLS and make a listing show on their site. It was just leftover from the original owners. It is not for sale.
The Following User Says Thank You to owenoutdoors For This Useful Post:
Descant (05-20-2022)
Old 02-22-2021, 06:09 PM   #28
Randy Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
I would be happy to provide the abridged version: Owens vs. Camp Belknap. This topic has been discussed ad nauseum and regurgitated, and most forum members are just plain worn out, and want to give it a rest. JMO.
the shortest way i can capture what the reinvigoration of this post was about is simply stating camp belknap does not follow the law. the saddest part is that there are already laws in place at the local level and both don mcwhirter and i are not able to get local law enforced and respected.

camp belkknap wrote a petition that i would be breaking a long lists of laws. this triggered studies. the studies only proved that camp beknap had broken all of the laws and others. at the town level i proved them wrong. they then elevated this to the superior court and i again won and proved them all wrong. the facts are on all counts are i followed the law 100 percent while the camp had dozens of violations and broken laws. the facts and the law support that my family is on farm and we are enjoying it with a residential use as it should be.

recently camp belknap has again tried to break the law. don mcwhirter has tried to simply get them to follow local law again. he too has brought this to the superior court level. the utmost merit of this post is that now we can’t even get camp belknap to follow the superior court. camp belknap filed a ridiculous motion of clarification of the simplest of stay orders. a superior court judge reaffirms her position and the camp still tries to break the law and ignores a superior court once again. the legal costs born by don, myself and most of all the town of tuftonboro are staggering.

NOW IF YOU LIVE IN TUFTONBORO..... DO KNOW THIS! ALL LEGAL COSTS ARE PAID BY YOU AND YOUR TAX DOLLAR!!!! AND CAMP BELKNAP CONTRIBUTES NOTHING IN PROPERTY TAX!
Closed Thread