Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
Airedale1

Thanked 1,569 Times in 274 Posts

IMO the new layout at the Laconia DQ appears to be ill conceived. It will cause traffic to back up on Union Avenue and in addition I believe the new layout with it's lack of the picnic tables has changed the character of the DQ for the worse.

Prior to the change it was a place where local families could congregate and enjoy their treats in a leisurely fashion, which was a large part of the experience. It seems that the new layout is designed to just move folks out a.s.a.p.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
john60ri

Default Long John Silvers

Thanks to Broadhopper and EricP. When I'm up there in August, I will stop at the Long John Silvers in Concord. Just for old times sake. Blast from the past, so to speak.
john60ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #3
magicrobotmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airedale1 View Post
IMO the new layout at the Laconia DQ appears to be ill conceived. It will cause traffic to back up on Union Avenue and in addition I believe the new layout with it's lack of the picnic tables has changed the character of the DQ for the worse.

Prior to the change it was a place where local families could congregate and enjoy their treats in a leisurely fashion, which was a large part of the experience. It seems that the new layout is designed to just move folks out a.s.a.p.
I agree, my wife and I just drove by on the way home from Kitchen Cravings and were talking about how we would never use a drive through at an ice cream shop. Half the fun is waiting in line with your dog, swatting mosquito's! What's the world come to, indeed, when you can fill up on ice cream without leaving your car!

Also, for us its a toss up between sawyers and jordans!
magicrobotmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airedale1 View Post

I AGREE, VERY ILL CONCEIVED!

I sometimes go by between 8am and 10am, including today Saturday, and see the same vehicle(s) parked in reverse direction that parking is designed and striped. What's with that? Must be shift managers. The spaces are angled to go head in, but drivers find a way to back in. Beyond common sense, as they are near the doors. If I were owner/manager/employee, I'd park not afraid to walk so that clients can park efficiently.
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
AKADQ

Default no-engine no-clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-engine View Post
I AGREE, VERY ILL CONCEIVED!

I sometimes go by between 8am and 10am, including today Saturday, and see the same vehicle(s) parked in reverse direction that parking is designed and striped. What's with that? Must be shift managers. The spaces are angled to go head in, but drivers find a way to back in. Beyond common sense, as they are near the doors. If I were owner/manager/employee, I'd park not afraid to walk so that clients can park efficiently.
You certainly have to much time on your hands to worry about this, and NO the parking spaces are not angled as you have stated. Last I checked, I don't recall selling any ice cream between the hours of 8-10 am. So beyond common sense as you have put it, don't be so reckless to judge until you have all your facts in order !...
AKADQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links