Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2008, 09:56 PM   #1
sky_nh

Default Metrocast Internet Connection Speeds

I am wondering if anyone else is having a problem with Metrocast connection speeds when they try video streaming (e.g. Netflix) or other services?

This problem has been going on for me for over a month where the connection does not take place at all or it is so slow the programming will not download.

I am paying for "up to" 6000 kbps but only get 800 or slower during prime time. I realize that during peak times it should slow down but not that much. When I do a speed test to another server, it shows around a slow 2700 kbps or about half of what it should be.

If you have had any problems could you post here so that I know -- it would help if I knew this was only happening in parts of Gilford or in other places where Metrocast serves.

BTW, you can check your connection speed at Speedtest.net I use the Portland, ME server to test my speeds. It takes about two minutes to do. If you can test around 8 - 9 pm that would help. The service peaks around then. Early in the day and late at night the connections are much faster.

Thanks for any help or feedback.

Sky

PS I have reported this to Metrocast and, of course, they deny that there are any problems at their end.
sky_nh is offline   Reply With Quote