Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #11
sa meredith

Default New Info...

Ok..here's the thing.......I have thought a while about posting this, and decided that, with the proper disclosure, no harm can be done.
I have no way of verifying he following information, and certainly welcome anyone refuting what I am going to post (in fact, I hope it happens). My source is simply a vendor of the Marina from where the boat was purchased (an employee of one of their suppliers, NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF THURSTON'S.)
He states that there was nothing at all wrong with the boat when it was inspected. Bellows fine, drain plug fine, coolant hose fine, all fittings fine. Simply no problem found.
So, I would ask from people more knowledgable than myself...is this possible? Could the boat sink to the bottom simply by being "swamped"? I did not think this possible, but it is what I am told. I remember that the lake was very very rough the day the event occured. This in no way is meant to vindictive, but is it possible that some error by the captain actually took place that day?
I mean, something should be wrong with the boat, right?
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote