Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
DCL_CT

Default Introduction

Hello everyone,

I just happened to stumble on this site while looking up different Winnipesaukee charts online. From CT, but my in-laws have a small place in Wolfeboro. My wife and I have been going up there pretty regularly since about 2000 or so. We now have three kids (son 9 1/2, daughters 8 and 5 1/2) and spend a week and a couple of long weekends in Wolfeboro every year.

My father-in-law has a small (17-foot - yikes!) Sunbird (had a heavier 18-foot Sea Ray previously). Wife and I have had our boating certificate for the past 15 or so years and enjoy taking our kids out on the lake for some fun. The boat sure does get small when the wind whips up and makes some whitecaps on the lake. On the other hand, the small boat is good for exploring all the nooks and crannies of the lake.

We were just up there last week and were attempting to take a short boat ride on Sunday (08/06). Coming out of Backbay into Wolfeboro Bay, the wind was pretty strong. Just outside of the bay, the swells were higher than the sides of our little boat. With the three kids on board as well, I thought it was wise to turn back, dock the boat, and move onto Plan B. We did manage to get out a few other times on the lake - once up to Ragged Island for an afternoon, through Hole-in-the-Wall, and around Cow Island.

Anyway, just wanted to say a collective hello to everyone. I am looking forward to joining in on some discussions here.

~Dennis
DCL_CT is offline   Reply With Quote