Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2017, 07:30 AM   #1
RyanDe

Default Adding a deck rules?

So, I'm heard very different things from about half a dozen people now, which is surprising but figured I would ask here in case someone has done this recently. The current house (we're looking at) is about 6-8' from the reference line and we'd like to add a basic deck to it. Some people have said no because it's too close, other said no because you can't addon towards the water but I was reading the rules and found this:

Quote:
As specified in RSA 483-B:11, V, no alteration shall be made to an existing structure between the
primary building line and the reference line that extends the structure closer to the public water, except that a
deck or open porch extending a maximum of 12 feet towards the reference line may be added to
nonconforming structures erected prior to July 1, 1994.
This gives me hope. If I'm reading it right this means I could add a basic deck on even if it is super close to the water already. Is that right? Did I miss a rule? I couldn't really find anything else mentioning decks.
RyanDe is offline   Reply With Quote