Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
Damdonzi

Thumbs up 3 lunatics on the broads this past Saturday. Anyone know them?

And I mean lunatics in the best possible way!

Saturday afternoon as we were heading toward Wolfeboro we saw these 3 guys on a Hobie Cat absolutely owning the broads. It had to have felt like it was their personal playground, because there was nobody else out there.

In my 40 years on the lake, I have never seen a sailboat go completely side to side (They popped out from behind Rattlesnake to Cow Island AND BACK) so fast.

It was amazing from a distance because the color of the sails stuck out on such a great Fall day. Your reference point in the distance was something colorful and large moving across the broads at a high rate of speed. We had to get a couple of pictures of them as they were headed back toward the Ames Farm area. If anyone knows them, please let them know what a great show they put on for my family.

Saturday the wind was blowing steady around 20MPH and there was a 2-3 foot chop in the broads. These guys were working really well as a team, and it might as well have been sunny and 80 degrees to look at them move around the boat.

Poor quality pictures from my phone, but at least you get the idea. Most are of them going downwind, but when they turned toward the mainland, it was like they lit an afterburner and just took off. Between the spray and the speed that they shot right up to, it was a very cool site to see.

You have to love Fall on the Lake.
Attached Images

Damdonzi is offline   Reply With Quote