Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
GunzandRoses

Location: Coming by way of the dirty waters in MA, I currently reside in the Lakes Region w/my 12 ponies.
Default Weirs Bridge Toll

On the docket for the Octobers State Senate meeting will be a question regarding the installation of a “pilot” toll at the Weirs Beach Channel set to open during the Summer or 2011. This toll will affect all traffic coming and going underneath the Weirs Bridge. If all goes well and the pilot is successful, additional tolls will be placed in other high traffic areas including Wolfeboro Bay, Alton Bay, Center Harbor, and Meredith Bay in an effort to recoup some of the $600 million dollar deficit currently facing the state of NH. Toll fares will be determined by the size of the vessel and will range anywhere from $1-$4 dollars.

I agree that the current deficit is scary to think about but come on, these people cannot be serious. Please write to you State Senators and ask them not to pass the bill! What happened to the good old NH spirit of Live Free or Die? Haven’t they already done enough damage to the lake by imposing the speed limit? I’d like to see what the income generated from those tickets looks like!
GunzandRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GunzandRoses For This Useful Post:
Blue Pig (08-24-2010), BroadHopper (08-25-2010), Cal (08-25-2010), IslandRadio (08-24-2010), Lakesrider (08-24-2010), OCDACTIVE (08-25-2010), pjs1342 (08-24-2010), SteveA (08-25-2010), trfour (08-24-2010)