Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
OCDACTIVE

Default First Really Nice Boating Day in May!

Accuweather shows Saturday as 76 and Mostly Sunny.. Hopefully this isn't a tourist forecast but looks to be the first great day this boating season. (not forgetting Easter weekend, but that really isn't considered "boating season")

So lets hear them... What's everyone's plans... Hopefully you will be out on the water.

I am taking Friday off and towing up. I should spend the day cleaning, buffing and detailing the inside / outside of the boat and should spend the entire day on the water Saturday. Planning on burning an entire tank and criss crossing the lake multiple times. Been waiting all winter so really can't wait.

Who will be out there to join?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
onlywinni

If the weather stays nice I plan to be out Sat and Sun-everywhere and anywhere....Cant Wait..

I shall track you down at some point and check that A/T out.

Last edited by onlywinni; 04-28-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlywinni View Post
If the weather stays nice I plan to be out Sat and Sun-everywhere and anywhere....Cant Wait..

I shall track you down at some point and check that A/T out.
Looking forward to it.. If you don't have my # let me know and I will send it to you.

I would like to get a bunch of the forum members on here out on the water for a meet up.. Would be good to put the face, with the boat, with the name...

Old 04-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
jrc

My boat was detailed last weekend and launch is scheduled for Saturday afternoon. My earliest launch ever.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
Lucy Goose

We will be out on Saturday for a few hours before we have to return home. But we don't go far yet. We are newbies. I was saying to my husband last weekend when we were out that I wish they had signs you could post on your boat that said "Careful Newbie on the water" and the boat now has her name on it "Lucy Goose" . We will be sticking to the Melvin area and the broads probably. See you all out there.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
brk-lnt

I'm going to clean/prep my boat on Friday. Hope to head out on Saturday if at all possible.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #7
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Goose View Post
We will be out on Saturday for a few hours before we have to return home. But we don't go far yet. We are newbies. I was saying to my husband last weekend when we were out that I wish they had signs you could post on your boat that said "Careful Newbie on the water" and the boat now has her name on it "Lucy Goose" . We will be sticking to the Melvin area and the broads probably. See you all out there.
I know your area extremely well. I actually learned to boat in Melvin and Moultonboro bay as a child. Great area. If you ever want to meet up and need someone to follow or show you around feel free to ask. I have to go through there every day on my way out to the broads so hopefully we will see each other.
Lucy Goose (04-28-2010)
Old 04-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Sunday Hopefully

The boat came out of storage Saturday. I will be detailing this week for a possible Sunday splash. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I have my granddaughter's first communion Saturday.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #9
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
The boat came out of storage Saturday. I will be detailing this week for a possible Sunday splash. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I have my granddaughter's first communion Saturday.
Excuses excuses... skip the communion... come boating with us.. LOL

Just kidding! Congrats on your grand daughter!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #10
Steveo

I'm doing the buff and wax Saturday am and launch pm - can't wait!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:03 PM   #11
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
I'm doing the buff and wax Saturday am and launch pm - can't wait!!!
I just got the new shurhold buffing and waxing system as seen on ship shape TV. Really hoping it works as great as I have heard. Can't wait to try the dual action polisher with the buff magic products. Anyone else ever use them? I have always used Leverage products in the past. They worked great but people have sworn by the Buff Magic products so we shall see which is better.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #12
robmac

I'll be out and about on the lake all day Sat., went out last Sat and had a ball luckily filled up at Sams before bring her to the marina. $2.81 a gallon for 93 octane.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #13
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmac View Post
I'll be out and about on the lake all day Sat., went out last Sat and had a ball luckily filled up at Sams before bring her to the marina. $2.81 a gallon for 93 octane.
That is nice!!! I am psyched that I can burn 87 octane this year... No supercharger!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #14
robmac

That'll save a few bucks for sure.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:52 PM   #15
Lucy Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
That is nice!!! I am psyched that I can burn 87 octane this year... No supercharger!
Explain the octane thing. I am new to this.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:29 PM   #16
NHskier

Default Can't wait!!

Got word from Thurston's Monday that my boat was all prepped, buffed and in the water. Planning to take Friday afternoon off to go through my normal prep - cleaning the interior, treating the vinyl, getting vests etc back on board. Then heading back up Saturday with the family for first day of cruising.

Should be a great way to spend a birthday!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #17
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Goose View Post
Explain the octane thing. I am new to this.
Engines with forced injection (blower/supercharger or turbocharger) generally require higher octane gas to run properly. Since he dropped the supercharger as part of an engine rebuild, his engine is now NA (naturally aspirated) ie: a normal engine and can run on lower octane (cheaper) gas.
Lucy Goose (04-29-2010), OCDACTIVE (04-29-2010)
Old 04-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #18
gf2020

It sure was not nice today when I picked up my new boat at Shep Brown's! 39 degrees and raining. Put it through it's paces for about 30 minutes and that was enough. Towed it 103 miles home to MA.
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #19
robmac

It certainly looks great,wish lots of fun and enjoyment.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #20
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
It sure was not nice today when I picked up my new boat at Shep Brown's! 39 degrees and raining. Put it through it's paces for about 30 minutes and that was enough. Towed it 103 miles home to MA.
Congrats on the new rig, looks like you will have a GREAT summer ahead!!!

GH
Old 04-29-2010, 05:44 AM   #21
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Great looking boat!!! Look forward to seeing you out there!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #22
Grady223

Quote:
Very nice, what kind of boat is it?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #23
Mee-n-Mac

Question Meredith Meeting

Anyone know if there was some big cruiser meet-up at the Meredith town docks this past Sat ? Seemed like a disproportional amount of them there. I saw they weren't all the same make so it wasn't like a SeaRay round-up. IO was able to retrieve the Mee'n'Mac from her winter rest spot late Sun. Cloudy but otherwise nice out on the water. Very few boats out and about. From Meredith to Alton Bay I might have seen 10. The air off the water was refreshing (aka chilled) and it was interesting that when I made a swing by the sandbar the air off the land must have been 20 degrees warmer. Coming down Alton Bay you got alternating waves of warm and cold air.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #24
jrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac View Post
Anyone know if there was some big cruiser meet-up at the Meredith town docks this past Sat ? ....
As a medium crusier owner, I can tell you that a surprise nice day in the spring and fall is prime time for a public dock run. It usually it's not planned but it is very hard to get a crusier into Meredith or Wolfeboro mid-summer. A lot of us head there this time of year.

I wasn't ready in time for a Saturday stay, just did a drive by to check the pump-out. But Sunday we were there and so were a bunch of friends, some we haven't met yet.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #25
rick35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac View Post
Anyone know if there was some big cruiser meet-up at the Meredith town docks this past Sat ?
So here I am Saturday tied up at the docks next to the sidewalk where they keep the fire boat enjoying my ice cream. It did seem like the good weather brought a lot of people to the dock in their cruisers to enjoy cocktail hour at the Town Docks. In the 15 minutes I was there two couples stopped to chat about my little 18 foot bowrider and to compare it to the monster cruiser parked behind me (my boat looked like its life boat). Fortunately I don't suffer from any boating inadequacy. Both couples asked about how much gas my boat used vs the cruiser. They thought my 4 gallons per hour was a lot. I couldn't even guess what the cruiser burned.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #26
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
So here I am Saturday tied up at the docks next to the sidewalk where they keep the fire boat enjoying my ice cream. It did seem like the good weather brought a lot of people to the dock in their cruisers to enjoy cocktail hour at the Town Docks. In the 15 minutes I was there two couples stopped to chat about my little 18 foot bowrider and to compare it to the monster cruiser parked behind me (my boat looked like its life boat). Fortunately I don't suffer from any boating inadequacy. Both couples asked about how much gas my boat used vs the cruiser. They thought my 4 gallons per hour was a lot. I couldn't even guess what the cruiser burned.
WOW.. obviously not boating people. I burn that getting up on plain... LOL. not really but you get the point..
Old 05-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #27
OCDACTIVE

couple more shots. Sorry about the quality it is from my phone's camera.
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #28
Dhuberty24

Boats looks nice wish I could have made it
Old 05-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #29
wpddep

OK Scott, I've kept quiet all winter.....congrats on all the work on the boat. I talked with Steve and Karen at length Friday night after they dropped off Sammy...dinner w/ them at the White Mountain Hotel.. He's killing me! You are starting to make me jealous with the pictures. I'm getting a little ancy with you telling everyone they are all playing "catch up", I can't wait to get in the water!! You're killing me telling me you went to Shibley's for lunch last weekend (family's favorite for lunch)! Just kidding.....seriously, I will probably tow my beast up next weekend to Ossipee...weather doesent' look the best but we definitely need to get together!!! If I'm not boating I would at least like to come over and take a look at the AT up close. I have your home phone but not the cell, shoot me a pm with it and hopefully we can hook up. This should be a good year....finally. (BTW, I still have some props for you to try...I think I may have something that will at least try to fill the void of the hair dryer). Again congrats, she looks great!!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #30
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpddep View Post
OK Scott, I've kept quiet all winter.....congrats on all the work on the boat. I talked with Steve and Karen at length Friday night after they dropped off Sammy...dinner w/ them at the White Mountain Hotel.. He's killing me! You are starting to make me jealous with the pictures. I'm getting a little ancy with you telling everyone they are all playing "catch up", I can't wait to get in the water!! You're killing me telling me you went to Shibley's for lunch last weekend (family's favorite for lunch)! Just kidding.....seriously, I will probably tow my beast up next weekend to Ossipee...weather doesent' look the best but we definitely need to get together!!! If I'm not boating I would at least like to come over and take a look at the AT up close. I have your home phone but not the cell, shoot me a pm with it and hopefully we can hook up. This should be a good year....finally. (BTW, I still have some props for you to try...I think I may have something that will at least try to fill the void of the hair dryer). Again congrats, she looks great!!
Thanks man.... I can't wait to get you on board. You were very nice to help fill the void where I was boat-less! Well most play catch up but from what I hear all I will see is your mist with that engine you finally have ready.

This weekend is going to be busy. I have a good friend coming up for the weekend to help me fix a couple odds and ends on the boat (little electrical items) and another good friend who is coming up on Saturday morning to hook up my GPS. I am hoping for good weather so we can go out on the lake and head somewhere for lunch. It would be cool if you can get yours in the lake!!! If not Feel free to come by on Friday anytime (I will be waxing and buffing weather permiting. coming up Friday morning) Should be working on her Saturday morning and pulling her on Sunday.

Will shoot you my cell #

Maybe we can get onlywinni and a few others out on the lake to meet up with us?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #31
wpddep

Sounds great. I'm thinking of blowing off work Friday...if possible, wouldn't want to get in trouble with the boss (ha). I was actually in South Carolina when you went down to pick it up...I almost offered to tow it back for you but I know how it it is to get it back and your need for a test drive!! I was about 3 hours ahead of you going over the GW bridge (nightmare in the Denali never mind towing a boat!!). I would love to meet some of these forum members out on the lake. I'm not much of a poster (lurking a long time) but they all seem like great people, I truly am jealous! I hear SL is making an attempt on your GPS? I'll talk to you soon.

Bob
Old 05-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #32
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Sounds great. I'm thinking of blowing off work Friday...if possible, wouldn't want to get in trouble with the boss (ha). I was actually in South Carolina when you went down to pick it up...I almost offered to tow it back for you but I know how it it is to get it back and your need for a test drive!! I was about 3 hours ahead of you going over the GW bridge (nightmare in the Denali never mind towing a boat!!). I would love to meet some of these forum members out on the lake. I'm not much of a poster (lurking a long time) but they all seem like great people, I truly am jealous! I hear SL is making an attempt on your GPS? I'll talk to you soon.

Bob
Thanks man.... I really enjoyed the test drive.. the GW was one of the worst moments I will ever remember.. No fun at all!

Everyone I have met on here are absolutely great people. You have to be somewhat careful of a few people that only appear from time to time to stir the pot but they won't ever want to meet up so no worries.

Actually it was a forum member I had met the offered to install the GPS. He is top notch! However SL will be there to help with the other small items and I will also be doing an oil change (5 hours on the new engine) you know how that goes!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #33
wpddep

OK , I'll send you my cell and maybe I'll be ready to splash w/you guys this weekend....wife just (literally) gave the ok to head up Thursday night.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #34
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
OK , I'll send you my cell and maybe I'll be ready to splash w/you guys this weekend....wife just (literally) gave the ok to head up Thursday night.
Sweet.. I will be there by noon. Going to try out my new buffer and give her a much needed coat of wax.. We have a mutual friend who I'm sure wouldn't mind you parking your boat in their driveway That way you are right there to put her in on Saturday! You could even come by Friday nite for a fire. There may be a few forum members around as well who may come by. I am thinking if the weather holds up and we get the GPS in, heading to the Naswa. Do you think you small laker (ossipee) can do that?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #35
wpddep

Yes, this "small laker" (aka no speed limit) can handle it!!! We definitely need to head to Sebago this year, you'll have a ball (nothing against Winni, just a completely different game!!)
The Following User Says Thank You to wpddep For This Useful Post:
ApS (05-05-2010)
Old 05-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #36
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Yes, this "small laker" (aka no speed limit) can handle it!!! We definitely need to head to Sebago this year, you'll have a ball (nothing against Winni, just a completely different game!!)
In that case you need to head to VA with me.. You would be by far the fastest 25 in the run.. Maybe you could bring a mutual friend to ride with you or better yet convince him to bring the black knight with him.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #37
wpddep

I'll try to "Convince" him. Sounds like I really need to meet "Onlywinni" although I must admit being a Checkmate owner, especially on OSO, I shouldn't even be mentioning Baja's Obviousle kidding, Onlywinni, from the pics I've seen that's one of the sharpest I've seen yet! Actually almost bought a 25 Outlaw myself before my boat (have to say that's one of the nicest I've seen around).
Old 05-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #38
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Thumbs up Splash Friday

I should be able to splash Friday. meet up with everyone if we can agree on a time and place. Saturday is doable, but the weather may not cooperate. Sunaday is Mother's Day folks. Unfortunately, I gotta Bail!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #39
onlywinni

Quote:
I'll try to "Convince" him. Sounds like I really need to meet "Onlywinni" although I must admit being a Checkmate owner, especially on OSO, I shouldn't even be mentioning Baja's Obviousle kidding, Onlywinni, from the pics I've seen that's one of the sharpest I've seen yet! Actually almost bought a 25 Outlaw myself before my boat (have to say that's one of the nicest I've seen around).
Thanks...Believe me I feel very fortunate that Checkmate and Active Thunder Guys will talk to me....