Thread: fuel prices
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 07:23 AM   #69
John Mercier

Manufacturer listed the 2014 RAM 1500 as 5yrs/100K.
Did you get a third party extended warranty?

I have a 2016 Accent... but even that warranty is only good for a few more cycles; and it is doubtful that all the stations in the area would switch over before then.

The outcry on the E15 was smog; an issue not likely to go away. And very few stations are willing to switch over in areas that see lots of summer sales due to the fact that an executive order only covers a few months and may never happen again.

Since there are no other options at the federal level, pipelines are full... refineries are running at record levels... President Biden may go for the Jones Act in the fall; but other than that - demand destruction. That is what I, and I would presume others, keep our eyes on as a pricing signal to stop investing in futures and industry stocks.

The ycharts show that the US is still exporting record NG and hit a new record crude export for the week of April 15th breaking the previous record net export date of April 10th, 2020 by about 600K barrel per day. It bounced around a bit but even on the latest May 27th report the US exported 1,4M bpd for that week.

With numbers like those... the President is going to look toward any option that he has.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote