Thread: House lift
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 08:15 AM   #15
Happy Gourmand

Default Shifting Gears....

After a lot of thought and consideration, we have decided to not lift the house. It's funny how some of the local contractors work in the Lakes Region.....we reached final negotiations....worked out pricing and details etc. I asked for a final contract, told him we are ready to pull the trigger, and then never heard from the contractor again, even after several calls. Just imagine having the house in the air and a "missing" contractor....I wasn't willing to chance it.
Anyways, what I am now looking for is somebody who can seal my crawlspace to fix a moisture issue. There is a foundation in place...more of a kneewall I guess, and the crawl space slopes from the front of the house to the back. I can stand in a crouched position at the lower part of the slope and crawl on hands and knees at the front of the space. Nowhere is a belly crawl needed.
I was thinking of hiring somebody to put down a plastic barrier and then a coat of concrete to help eliminate the moisture problem. The new concrete floor would have to be "stepped" because of the slope.
Does anybody have a recommendation for a contractor who might be interested in helping us out?
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote