View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 07:52 PM   #4
blacksheep

I love this thread! I grew up just north of Philadelphia, then went to college in central NC (Yay Elon!), lived in Raleigh for 13 years before moving to NH in 2001. It is about a 14 hour drive from Meredith area to Raleigh, pretty much a striaght shot down 95. Philly is about 6 hours south. New Hope, PA - my hometown - (which is in Bucks County, just north of Philly and not too far off of I95) is a super-fun, arty little village home to many fantastic restaurants (Martine's, Havanna, Mother's, The Landing, La Bon A'Berge) a zillion beautiful little boutiques and galleries, and some lovely lodging (The Inn at Lambertville Station, Hotel Du Village) and would be a great place to stop to get some R&R on the way. Oh, and if you like antiques, you just may never leave! If you stop in New Hope, you then have a full day's drive to Raleigh, but you could always take three days and swing through DC. You've got to break up that interstate travel somehow! Once in Raleigh, do visit the City Market area of downtown, and frankly I think Durham and Chapel Hill have more to offer as far as food goes. So many good options for great eats! The outter banks are a beautiful spot for a retirement home... as is Asheville, if you like the mountains. So many options in lovely NC!

http://www.newhopepa.com/
blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote