Thread: Jet Ski Advice
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 10:40 AM   #64
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
Ask you dealer about this a few minutes without water could be deadly for the machine on this. In my opinion it should just be started only and only ran for a very brief moment.
I guess I should have stated that you ALWAYS run your engine in your driveway with engine ears, (or some other type of connection for jet drive unit's), with your garden hose so that you are running water through it while it is running. I would never have thought that people would be ignorant enough to run their engine's with no water... You should NEVER run a boat motor without water running through it. It only takes seconds to destroy an impeller that is run dry. I guess I just "assumed" that anybody that owns a water vessel would know this... Kind of like I would just "assume" that nobody needs to be told that you should never inhale, or ingest Lysol, or any other type of disinfectant. Amazing how things get (mis)interpreted. Also, for those of you that don't know, a garden hose connection usually comes out of the foundation of your house for a garden hose to be connected too. If you don't know what a foundation is, (or a garden hose), you may as well just sell your boat, you are beyond help at this point...

Last edited by Cal Coon; 04-26-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cal Coon For This Useful Post: