Thread: Jet Ski Advice
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 08:24 AM   #60
Cal Coon

You should always start your water craft in your driveway before launching at a ramp, and let it run for a few minutes (ON A GARDEN HOSE, WITH WATER RUNNING THROUGH IT!!) before launching. You know it's running, no dead battery, fuel is "flowing", warmed up a little bit so when you get to the ramp you have no "surprises", and should be an easy start up. Also, I always have the cover off, I have the dock lines all ready, anything, and everything that is going on the vessel is already on it before I get to the ramp so that all you have to do is put it in the water when you get there. I put it in the water, tie it up, then start it up so it warms up while you go park your truck and trailer, so when you get back to it you just go... I get really frustrated having to "wait" for other people in front of me getting their boat ready while in line at the ramp. That is BS!! They just hold everyone else up that is behind them waiting, and God forbid you ask to go in front of them because you are ALL READY to go... So now you sit there waiting for the idiot in front of you getting his vessel ready, while no one else is launching, and the line of people is getting longer and longer... Boat ramp etiquette is horrible. There should be signs posted at all boat ramps so when you are ready to go, and the guy in front of you is not, and the ramp is "open", all you have to do is point to the sign and say to the guy in front of you that "I'm next" because I'm all ready, so that way there he can't "hold" you back, and maybe next time he'll be ready to go when he gets to the ramp, instead of getting ready at the ramp. Common sense to me.

Last edited by Cal Coon; 04-26-2020 at 11:05 AM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote