Thread: Jet Ski Advice
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 06:11 AM   #16
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
To follow up here, I will be ordering a '20 GTX 170 but now, as I'm beginning to budget for the summer, I'm starting to think about how I'll acquire the fuel. I'm only a few minutes from Ambrose Cove Marina on the water, which would be the best option, but they're always expensive—$4.09 most of last season.

Given that I can tow the ski a couple miles down the road to the gas station, I'm wondering if I should be planning on doing that—at ~$2.30/gallon I'd be buying my costs in half.

I'd want to use an ethanol neutralizer/stabilizer, but that only looks to add ~$.16/gallon which would still be much cheaper.

Is there anything else added to "marina" gas that would justify the added cost?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Given market conditions boat gas will be far less than $4.09 this year. Also keep in mind that you can submit your receipts for reimbursement of road tax for gas obtained at a regular station by submitting forms to the state. I have never bothered but many do. I wouldn’t bother using additives to fuel unless you are letting it sit all winter, chances are you will be going through it pretty fast. I never add anything to my fuel and never have problems.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote