View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 10:02 AM   #42
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoon View Post
Many of us have put all of our assets, life savings too, to keep businesses afloat. It kept others being paid while I was not and I was investing the entire time in them.

Your attitude is condescending and rude to many who have tried to get through this intact somehow. I would guess you don't care what others think anyway.
Well you are right about one thing I really don't care what anyone thinks as if I did listen to what everyone was telling me I would have been convinced that I had little to no chance of doing or amounting to much of anything.

Far as the context to my comments, this was not just directed at the past year, but as a general statement of fact. If the best anyone can do is live paycheck to paycheck that will never work as a long term strategy. As I learned in the military adapt and overcome. Is it easy, hell no, but failure comes easy to those that are complacent.

I have never been condescending to business owners, in fact I admire them for doing something that I have personally 3 times tried and 3 times failed miserably at. Current events have been difficult if not impossible on many business owners, large and small. Many have already lost the battle, others continue to hold on but for how long remains to be seen as the future looks bleak for many. Much of the reasoning behind why this is occurring is political and the American people have spoken as to what they want moving forward. If you as a business owner think it's bad now, just wait it's going to get even more toxic. This will have rippling effects that will not only hurt businesses but also those they can no longer employ.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote