View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 08:38 AM   #59
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
People did day trips in the 60s and 70s but not the anchoring in groups to party.
As best I recall we anchored, but certainly not as much as people do today, and we never held on the water group events and parties, so you are 100% correct about that, and maybe thats where we intersect, in that it is my observation thats where some of the worst (to me) behavior rears its head. When groups of people meet up and party, they seem to get extra rowdy and rude and loud.

While I can imagine few waterfront homeowners want to see large groups right in front of their homes, it must only add insult to injury to have a loud - drunk - rowdy - rude group playing competing battle of the bands on their million watt stadium speaker equipped boats and leaving trash and bedlam behind until even they have had enough.

Someone in this thread mentioned manners and for me thats the biggest problem. If even large numbers of people are modest, respectful, pleasant, polite, and maybe even a little bit humble, I think a lot of the problems would moderate. Not all, but many.

In the end, this is evolution and change and most of us dont like fast and significant change and thats exactly what we are seeing.

I would happily turn the clock back to 1970, but thats not happening so how do we improve the current situation?

Its hard to teach manners and the concept of respect and humility to adults that are already very self-absorbed and me first-centric people.

Signed; cranky old guy,,, ;-)
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote