View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 09:50 PM   #54
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Not true, in the late 60's and early 70's there were plenty of people doing just that.

We had marinas all over the lake with slips for rent and plenty of people launching all over the lake for day trips. Have we forgotten how many people used the Ames Farm ramp, that was one of the busiest ramps on the south end of the lake.

Does it seem that the number of boaters is much higher? YES, but day boaters are not new to Winnipesaukee, their increase is probably actually lower than the percent of local population growth.

For me the biggest problem is how many inexperienced boaters there are, and how rude people are.

I dont think we had a radio in any of our boats until the late 80's and even today I almost never play mine. I actually enjoy the sound of water slapping the hull and the sound of a marine engine passing in the distance.

Rude people yelling, fighting, throwing cans and bottles of beer back and forth between boats, battle of the radios, and such are just as much the problem as the volume of boaters.

It would be nice if everyone behaved a bit better. Wishful thinking I guess.
Have to agree on the radio. Always hated when my husband wanted to turn ours on. It's just so lovely to anchor and listen to the sounds of the lake.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app