View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 12:03 PM   #44
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Sure you can.... the lake has ALWAYS been owned by the public. Doesn't matter when he bought in. As the population grows, so does the usage. I remember when there was next to nothing on the north side of the lake... now its all built out.

Woodsy
I understand your point. As a young kid, we were in Hanson Cove. I water skied behind my dad‘s little fishing boat with a 10 hp motor and I was the only one in the entire cove. Of course, as there is less and less property, you would assume that the lake would be built out.
I’m not sure anyone can make the same assumption about the state park land. I don’t know what year it actually became a state park, but by the 1960s, it had not been used for anything.
My father bought, what he always referred to, as the 52 acres, which abuts the state park land. He did not want to buy it but it was part of a package deal. He had always hoped that the state would do something with it. He kept this land for about 15 years until it just became too much of a pain for him to keep it anymore. People used it like the town dump.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote