View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #15
Don

Thumbs up Great Food But No Customers

My wife and I finally had a chance today to try Chao Pra Ya for lunch. It was really outstanding. From the Lunch Specials we had the Squid Pad Ginger for $9.95 and the Chicken Pra Ram for $7.95. Both came with a ginger salad, pot stickers and rice. The squid was tender and flavorful as were the veggies they were stir fried with. My wife was very happy with the Chicken dish although I was so busy with mine that I never tasted it.

Even though the food was great we were the only ones there for the entire meal. When we left we asked them how business was and they said that we were the only customers they had today. They are open for lunch from 11 to 3 and we left around 2:30. Not good.

Trying to find some good news I asked if they did well with take-out business but they said no. We also suggested that they should be open on Sunday but they said they tried that and no one came in.

I think one of their problems is that they do little to draw in all the drive-by traffic. There should be changeable sign at the curb with a daily special and their message board on the pole should say "Lunch Specials". Instead you hardly notice the place as you drive by.

If you like Thai I highly recommend that you try it. You'll get great service and food. Just do it soon, unless they somehow attract customers very quickly I don't see how they will survive.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote