View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 08:27 AM   #10
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Don't go there with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
But “students” that are “domiciled” in a NH college, even though non-residents are allowed to vote, aren’t they?
Granted, in my college days, the voting age was 21. I went in the service at age 21, and maintained my home address in MA as my legal address. I got most of my mail at the mall room. When it came time to vote, I sent for, received, and returned an absentee ballot. I did that (we after wife and I married) until we established legal residence elsewhere 7 1/2 years after I entered the AF. We no longer had MA driver's licenses, we were renting in the community, our kids went to public schools, my wife worked in the community, we registered to vote (after proving our residency with a picture ID and utility bills), and we voted in our community.

If the young adults who are not paying NH taxes, registering their vehicles in NH, and obtaining NH driver's licenses while attending schools, colleges, universities, etc. In NH and want to vote in an election, let them get an absentee ballot from their home of record.
That's what the absentee ballot is for, among other reasons.

End of rant & back to the subject of golf

Dave