View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 11:43 AM   #36
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Well, as long as all they did was pee on the grass, it's not all that big of a deal? It's not like they damaged or stole anything?

Kayakers, like everyone else, have the need to relieve themselves and that can be problematic when kayaking this time of year. In the summer with the water temp at 70+ they wear swim suits and can pee in the lake, out of sight, in the water. Now, with the water temp at 58, it presents a new challenge plus its good to stretch your legs and walk around some after sitting within a kayak for 60-minutes.

So, all things considered, where is a good place for kayakers to pee while paddling around Lake Winnipesaukee?
Speaking as a frequent kayaker, this is something I plan for in advance. I've never had to "go" in anyone's yard. There are always other possibilities. There are at least 5 different ways of peeing in or from your kayak, like using a bottle or a sponge. Even women can do this. Also, I never land on private property, at least not within sight of a house. It's outrageous to pull up to someone's dock and treat the property like your personal bathroom or rest area. If you're driving in your vehicle and you have to go to the bathroom, you don't stop in someone's yard. Same with a kayak. The fact that they did no damage is irrelevant. What they did was wrong in so many ways, and they've probably done this many times before. It conveys a sense of entitlement and disrespect for people's property.

Last edited by SailinAway; 10-24-2022 at 07:23 PM.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SailinAway For This Useful Post: