Thread: Oil Change Cost
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 03:51 PM   #27
The Real BigGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I used Group 7 for 50 years when I was in the business, which is the wholesale brand of Purolator. They were said to be a cheaper version of the original Purolator but I never had a problem with them. I retired 3 years ago and still recommended to my customers that if they used regular oil to change it every 3K. My Mobil 1 customers I recommended every 6K. I only used Mobil 1 for my full synthetic oil. Many of the newer SUV's have covers under the front now which can add an extra 15 minutes to an oil change so some shops are charging labor.
I recently bought a lawn mower that has no oil drain plug. The manual says never change just add as needed. If I wanted to change it I'd have to tip it upside down over a bucket.
Several years ago I bought a suction tank (looks like a garden sprayer but when you pump the handle it removes air from the tank rather then pressurizing it) to change the oil I’m my new mower for just that reason. Just couldn’t get my head around never changing the oil after seeing what it looked like when it came out of previous mowers. The tank has a long tube that slips into the filler and goes to the sump. Open the valve and the oil is sucked out. Probably doesn’t get 100% of the grit but it’s better than dirty oil I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote