View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 11:58 PM   #16
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Clearly the vax does not reduce transmission if despite being fully vaxxed still catching Covid is to be the "new" norm! The CDC study has found similar viral loads in vaxxed vs. unvaxxed. Per the CDC study, the vaxxed can spread Covid. If fully vaxxed & boosted you can still catch it then you can still spread it! (Most likely before you even know that you might be sick, if you have any symptoms at all) Another tragic note to this... despite a 59% (and increasing) vaccination rate... we are seeing the same amount of deaths and hospitalizations as we did prior to the vaccines.

My point is pretty simple... I am happy that they are FINALLY admitting that the vax does not prevent a Covid infection/re-infection! (as I have been saying for months)

They are finally starting to push the vaccine for what it does do... The vax does a great job of keeping you out of the hospital. That alone is good enough for most people.

If catching Covid is to be the new normal, they just have to stop using the term "breakthrough infection". Its not a breakthrough when 30%+ of fully vaccinated/boosted people still get infected/re-infected with Covid!

As to the 10K per week dead... I will believe when it happens! I suspect the death toll will be far fewer as Delta fades and Omicron (predicted to be less lethal) surges. Of course after Omicron there will be other variants... hopefully even less lethal.

Woodsy
It’s averaging 8400 a week now and we have not really seen Omicron really get started yet and that won’t immediately mean Delta suddenly disappears either.

There is very little evidence Omicron is less lethal. Way to early. It is clear that it spreads much faster though. COVID variants hit different populations very differently too. Probably won’t know how lethal in USA for 6-8 weeks.