View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 06:38 PM   #81
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
From their 60's to their 80's, my in-laws had a condo in Bonita Springs, (in between Ft Myers and Naples, for those not familiar with the area), and we would go down for a week on either the Feb or April kids' school vacations. I would always come home with my legs bitten to sh** from my ankles to my mid-shins...itchy as could be. I could never understand where I got the bites, because I never saw or felt anything on my legs. That, coupled with the smelly, warm water out of the faucet and the endless strip malls, soured me on SW FL
At a minimum I am surprised with the negativity and the tales of how bad Florida is.

I am in the next town north of Bonita Springs, Estero, and after 14 years I have not experienced the negatives that people have mentioned. Fleas? Haven't seen any. Smelly water? My tap water is great and it makes excellent ice cubes for cocktails!

Strip malls? Yes, there are areas with a concentration of commercial activity and most anything I need can be found within 10 miles of the house. At the Gilford house, the lake makes up for the fact that there is limited shopping for some items and a drive to Concord or Manchester may be necessary when I need something.

When I have company in Florida I take them to waterfront restaurants in Sanibel, Marco Island, and Fort Myers Beach. Many great places to go all within 20 to 40 minutes of the house. There are numerous beaches that are not too crowded, especially when you go by boat.

That is just what I have found in the winters I have spent in Florida, and any negatives are minimal.

I will stop writing now. It is 7:30, still light out, and the solar has the pool water temperature at 88 degrees. Time for a swim!
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: