Thread: Osteria Poggio
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 09:03 PM   #64
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

We went last Friday (6/22) at 5:00; we were a group of eight with two kiddos, 8 & 10, who are used to dining out. "Suites" (sp?), owner or principal, greeted us and reviewed the menu and the specials. Waitress was friendly and attentive. We ordered a bottle of wine and there was small mix-up as we got 2 glasses of wine. Rapid fix with no questions. Although we were all relatives, some we don't see often and the leisurely pace of courses was appreciated so we could visit. (There are other places for fast food.) Kiddos split a chicken Parmesan and others had a variety of entrees. Very accommodating to get the kiddos stated without delay while the rest of us worked on bread, wine, apps, etc and conversation. It was quiet when we arrived at 5:00 pm, but by six, our dining room was full. We had a reservation, but it took a bit of internet search to fined the phone # on yelp. It may have been on FB or the website, but not readily apparent. Overall, a wide variety of menu items and all a happy experience. We'll go back. For the bean counters, eight of us, including drinks and wine came to $370, no dessert. Add tip. At least on a Friday or Saturday, I recommend a reservation, 250-8007. We went by boat (20') and had no problem at 5:00 pm on a Friday at Center Harbor public docks. If I were in the business, looking for faster turnover, I';d simplify (translate) the menu so that the staff didn't have to spend so much time explaining unfamiliar Italian. (Waitress, Megan, was patient, knowledgeable, and helpful that way.)
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote