Thread: Osteria Poggio
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 05:45 AM   #19
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
Last night Kevin came by and made it a point to insist I attend a private tasting. After I cleared it with the wife I eagerly attended. Before I elaborate about my dining experience I'd like to make it clear that I am in debt to Kevin because the great job he has done at Laconia local eatery has provided me opportunity to remind my staff that the bar continues to rise and we must rise with it or fall to the wayside.

About the tasting; it was truly amazing. I shared a table with Kevin's wife and her close friend as well as the wife of his partner/pasta making Maestro. The tasting was presented in a tapas service style. I lost count but I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 16 consecutive dishes came to the table for us all to taste and share. Again I'm vague on the number but we also had six or seven signature cocktails placed in front of us to complement the dishes. Every Single bite I chewed and sip I swallowed was outstanding. Having said that I'd like to state that when you hear this is an Italian restaurant, you may be in for a bit a surprise. This is not layman Italian food. Kevin has created a menu of spectacular items more likely to be enjoyed by the Italian elite. Everything I ate was so good that I'm sure the elite would return for more.

The restaurant was adequately staffed for this event however concerns in regards to the ability to attract a complete and i competent staff worthy of this food are to be expected. If Kevin is successful in attracting the necessary staff I believe it's a safe bet that Osteria Poggia will easily get its fair share and more of the Center Harbor market.

Best wishes Kevin.

Baygo great review thank you. What were some of the selections that were offered?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote