View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 02:44 PM   #50
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Well, at least we agree that electrification is the end game.

In the meantime, there's a group of people doing everything they can to get us to electrification as fast as possible. And also a group of people dragging their heels with all sorts of lame excuses to stick with oil while the planet is warming.
Warming is good, this is a lush hot planet where we grow things to eat and the plants make oxygen to allow is to breath and live.

An ice age by comparison would be a certain death for most of us.

The arrogance of anyone to think we can fine tune the planets temperature is either hype of ignorance, but I can assure you its nonsense.

Your single biggest contribution to planetary problems, population growth. So unless you are going to stop human births, then its better to embrace warmer than colder, or everyone will starve or freeze. But again, any belief we can perfectly tune the planet to some magic number some kook scientist tells you is nonsense.

In my lifetime I have seen such rubbish promoted and dispelled time and time again. Pesticides are good, they allow us to grow more plants/food, agent orange is safe to spray on the troops, DDT is ok to fog kids with, Thalidomide is 100% safe for pregnant woman, MTBE is much better than tetraethyl lead and is harmless, GMOs are the future, lithium batteries are green.

You can accomplish more greening of the planet by simply reducing your personal consumption and reusing your current products to their maximum possible life cycle. And the cost to you NOTHING.

Spend less time worrying about Mr. Kennedy and more time on reducing your personal usage of everything and you will accomplish far more.

Good Luck, ready set go!