View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 11:39 AM   #36
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Some of my left-leaning posts or threads were shut down. I accept that.

You made dozens of posts claiming that there was no Covid pandemic. Since then, 6.37 million people have died globally, including 1.02 million people in the U.S. There is wide agreement that those figures are greatly understated. The U.S. has 4.25% of the world's population, but it has had 16% of the world's Covid deaths. In other words, four times more Americans have died than should have by population. Your deranged posts had no basis in fact and were close to criminally dangerous. It's unfortunate that you stayed in that discussion as long as you did.
This is patently wrong. I supported my posts with data originally from Worldometer and then from Alex Berenson's books about the flu. Just got done reading Robert Kennedy, Jr.'s book. You should educate yourself and read it. Maybe you have but don't understand statistics. I am not sure.

I am sticking to my guns. The flu was very dangerous to those who were already really sick or really old or both. (Average age of COVID-related deaths is 83; average number of co-morbidities is 4.) I never said it wasn't dangerous to some people or that it wasn't contagious. However, there was no reason for our government to shut down our economy and essentially our country for this contagion. My son lost his job because of the government's overreaction -- shut down his industry. The damage caused to him by being unemployed hoping for his job to come back is difficult to gauge, but it exists. Fortunately, he pulled himself up and got a good job and is doing well. But I can assure you there was damage.

And the kicker is, none of the responses worked -- vaccines, social distancing, masks, lockdowns. NONE. The flu progressed as flus progress.
Read some books, educate yourself. Read about the vaccine and how dangerous it is with respect to well-known vaccines. Especially for young people, who don't die from the disease anyway. Read about how our government agencies get rich on vaccines but not well-known, widely accepted therapeutics, such as hydrocloroquine and ivermectin. Read about how our government had the same response with HIV and frittered away more than a Trillion Dollars. (We are no closer to an AIDS vaccine than we were 35 years ago. Same with covid.) Stop responding to issues with feelings. You are not the authority on anything. At least I recognize there are two sides to every issue. You don't. That's why you went running to Don to complain.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: