View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 09:38 AM   #37
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671
For the record I have to agree that the Dominator is too much boat for Long Lake. I almost bought a Sunsation and have driven the 32' Dominator. If anyone has a picture of the offending boat I would love to see it, I am curious to see if it is the one that I test drove. There are not a lot of Sunsations in the area so it is quite possible if it was bought here in NH. There are no dealers in Maine or Mass, and no longer one in NH.

The difference in size between Long Lake and Winnipesaukee is huge, that boat on Winni is a perfect size. Not too big and handles the rough water quite well
If you believe that the 32' Dominator is to much boat for Long Lake, then perhaps you can understand that some people think it is to much boat for Winnipesaukee.

Yes my boat can go 60 mph, which not surprisingly is the speed I would pick for a speed limit. But when the 45 mph limit passes I will obey it. The next boat I buy will I'm sure have lower HP.

I like speed but I like the lake more. Thirty years from now when there is a 50 hp limit on winni I will abide by that.

The Mount can take 1,250 passengers. That is about 1 horsepower per passenger. How does that compute for the 32' Dominator? How many passengers does she take?