View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 09:22 PM   #19
Eyeboat

I have a Key West 239 DFS. It is a dual console family/fish boat that can seat 10 pretty easy and has all the fishing options. You can fish off the front or back, lots of room. The center console is certainly better for fishing. The dual console offers more protection for occupants. I can close the window and wind barrier door and the ride is down right comfy even on a cool day. You can easily add a rain kit to the bimini for additional wind/rain/sprap protection. I'm not sure you can outfit a kicker or at least haven't researched it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
I think either a dual console boat or one of newer (family style) center console boats would work for you.

I just traded in my dual console boat but it had a ton of room in the back to fish. The down side was the front is more difficult to fish out of but a great place to chill out and read a book.

My new boat (a Key West 203FS) is a center console but has front seats with removable back rests in addition to having a seat covering the width of the boat in the back.

I think every boat you will look at has trade offs and you just have to determine which are your biggest priorities.
Eyeboat is offline   Reply With Quote