View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 08:00 PM   #9
bigdog

Default Traveling back from Pennsylvania

OK folks, here's my feedback about my trip to PA and back to MA last weekend.

I decided to take some advice going to PA, and took I-91S out of E.Hartford to Meriden CT where I picked upi the Merritt Parkway. I believe I got on this road Friday morning around 1030am, after the commuting traffic. As far as traffic, it was non-existent ! Timing is everything they say, and I suspect that during the commuting hours this road could be difficult.

This was the first time I traveled the 'Merritt', and found it a friendly and beautiful road, with no trucks to contend with... Compared to I-84 and I-95, no comparisn, this will be the only road I'll take in the future. The road rambles along through the countryside, under many bridges, and even a tunnel. It was an enjoyable experience.

Took the Merritt to White Plains, then over the Tappan Zee bridge around noon, without any delay. After that we took I-287S to I-78 into Allentown. Didn't see much road construction to speak of the entire trip on this course.

Coming home Monday however, we hit rain in White Plains, so we decided
to stay off the 'Merritt' as suggested, and traveled I-684N, I-84N, I-91N, then back on I-84N up through Sturbridge MA. This part of the trip was very boring, and made difficult with the rain factor.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, much appreciated !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote