View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 06:54 AM   #5
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Icy cold water is different with what happens. Is very possible to slowly wade into 40-degree water wearing just a swim suit and water shoes to install a dock or boat lift.

If you fall out of a boat or something into deep icy water that's over your head it a shocking experience and you have a serious problem if you don't have the flotation of a pfd. I think the sudden shock of the intense cold is a big problem.

Best advice; wear a pfd and keep your mouth shut. When you suddenly get immersed ..... it's like .....omg ...... get me outta this icy cold water asp pdq ..... it becomes intense ...... and causes you to panic.

There are no You-tube videos of actual drownings that really show what happens? .....

Like ..... in this video ..... www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyuRRWC5GY8 ...... with Janna from Sweden, she is actually standing on the bottom of the frozen lake, and not in water over her head ...... go Janna!
I totally agree with that. The shock is terrible. I slipped off the back of the boat when we were bringing it home just after ice out and it wasn't even over my head but I was paralyzed. Of course I had on a heavy jacket and boots and the weight didn't help to allow me to move.
tis is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links