View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 06:00 AM   #16
fatlazyless

On Monday March 21 at 6-pm, I stopped at the Squam Lakes F&G boat launch and the Squam channel/river is totally free of ice due to the current flow, plus the open water extends down out beyond Walter's Basin restaurant, and launching and retrieving a kayak at the ramps looks very doable on the smooth concrete ramps and in very shallow water at the bottom of either ramp, there

All the snow has melted from the nearby F&G parking lot and there was no cars parked there. It has something like 20 parking spaces with signs that say 'parking for vehicles with trailers ONLY!'

Would I get a $75-ticket for parking a roof-rack kayak car on March 22 in an un-used space that is designated for cars with trailers, only, prior to the April 1 start of open water fishing? That is probably up to the discretion of the individual Fish & Game officer ..... ..... so it's an unknown?

You know what ...... hey ..... but Officer ..... so's there's like zero cars with trailers parked in here ...... fishing season don't start till April 1 ..... today is March 22 ..... I am paddling a kayak, wearing a pfd and dry suit and NOT fishing ..... can I park in one of the 20 spaces designated for cars with trailers, only ....... what do YOU say? ...... and ..... blah-blah-blah .... blah-blah-blah .... and .... blah-blah-blah .....

Last edited by fatlazyless; 03-22-2022 at 06:36 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote