View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #22
MikeF-NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Pilot View Post
Short by about a foot and a half. A small boat is a lot of fun and easy to use, but you better pay attention to the forecasted wind speed and direction.
Sage advice. I've posted several times that my 16.5 Lund is what I would consider bare minimum (by my risk aversion rating) for getting on the Broads with anything more than a 10 mph wind. I certainly have been out there in more but got quite wet and was regretting being out there. Crested one way at little more than headway speed only to have my bow submarine into the following wave and take gallons of water over the bow (on the way in). Its amazing how quickly the lake can turn ugly. I always check the forecast and plan where I will be based on wind...the forecast sometimes has surprises. When the water is below 60...I take no chances.

I'm guessing MP helped because: 1.) they had to get the guy out of the water and 2.) the cat was a navigational hazard off shore like that. If it were pounding against the shoreline of Rattlesnake....it would probably have been left for Sea Tow. (or MP knew the guy).
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote