View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #10
dt5150

i had to do that last year, same area. me and my neighbor were out fishin by rattlesnake. nasty, windy day with 4 and 5 foot swells. not many boats out. we were just about to head in actually. i saw a small sail boat out to the east, a little while later it was gone. didn't think much of it at the time, figured it had just gone out of sight. i turned the boat around to start trolling the other way heading back toward glendale and after a couple hundred yards i could see something white out in the middle of the lake. we pulled up the lines and headed over there. the sail boat was capsized and the guy was in the water yelling for help and waving his arms. i motored over to him, tossed him a line to attach to his sail boat, and hoisted him up into mine. good thing he had a pfd on, he was in the water for a while. he was really cold too so i gave him a jacket i had on board. ended up towing his boat into winter harbor. from there his dad came out and helped him flip it right side up and get it home. i had to then scoot back across the lake to glendale from winter harbor. what a rough, wet ride that was! and i was almost outta gas! made it back fine, just wet and cold.

before i got over to him, i was amazed to see 2 other boats zip right by the guy within 100 yards of him and not stop. i could hear him yelling and see him waving at them but they kept on going. they had to have seen him at least..
dt5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dt5150 For This Useful Post: